Sign in to follow this  
mmann

Recent FS9 Freeware Aircraft

I recently discovered Bjoern's "TinFork" Boeing 732 with virtual cockpit.  I don't know how I missed this gem.  I am using it with a few panel tweaks to suit some ISG panel enhancements and I can say it is a fantastic freeware.  Bjoern has done a masterful job of adding a virtual cockpit to the already fantastic TinMouse 732.  I don't understand why the library isn't full of repaints.  Actually, I can't find any. The TinMouse repaints don't work because the model was revised for the fitting of the virtual cockpit but Bjoern has been good enough to include an excellent paint kit.  The model can be had at his website here.  

it is too bad Bjoern didn't do a model for the gravel kit version because it is the most common 732 still flying in my part of the world.  Can't complain at all because Bjoern has given us is the only FS9 732 with a virtual cockpit, as far as I know.  As he said over at FSDeveloper, if someone wants to pay him by the hour he will do the gravel kit model   I'm not sure that is even true because, sadly, the 732 is his only FS9 release. Too bad for us FS9ers. He does great work.  

To show you here is a screen shot of the virtual cockpit, which as I said, was slightly modified with some ISG gauges to suit a Smith's FMC.  It is on a First Air repaint I did for a 732, which was recently retired.

Surely nice to hear some kind words about my stuff.

Still, the 732 model is dead. Too much to do, too little time, no motivation. I haven't even flown it (in FSX) in years myself because even I find the cockpit textures ugly by now. And the FSX market is saturated with three different payware 732s alone by now, so there's not much to gain with flat 2D panels that need a workaround to even run in FSX.

I'm perfectly willing to give away the FS9 and FSX GMax and texture source files for further work on the condition that I get credited for my contributions and that the recipient has at least basic skills in GMax, XML and paint tools.

The return to FS9 was not by choice. I only installed it because I was PC-less for two years and it was all that ran on my old laptop.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Bjoern, I would like to take you up on the offer regarding the textures. I would love to try to freshen up the base textures, both inside and out!

Bjoern, I would like to take you up on the offer regarding the textures. I would love to try to freshen up the base textures, both inside and out!

If .xcf (GIMP) format is okay for you, drop me a PM with your e-mail address.

On 2/22/2017 at 11:09 AM, Bjoern said:

Surely nice to hear some kind words about my stuff.

Well deserved. Yes, there are a number of FSX-P3D models of the 732 up to present day commercial standards but you gave us a FS9 cockpit so you have my thanks, at least.  I wish you had done at least one more of your conversions for FS9 because I truly would have enjoyed the CV-580.

On 2/23/2017 at 5:33 AM, sascha said:

Please share if you are able to improve on Bjoern's cockpit textures.

Greg

17 hours ago, gaputz said:

Well deserved. Yes, there are a number of FSX-P3D models of the 732 up to present day commercial standards but you gave us a FS9 cockpit so you have my thanks, at least.  I wish you had done at least one more of your conversions for FS9 because I truly would have enjoyed the CV-580.

Well, the Convair wasn't much of a conversion in the first place. I just wanted it FSX native.

And besides, the model is going to be obsolelete not long from now anyway:

http://calclassic.proboards.com/thread/8238/convair-440-new-project

(Bernie uses FSX, but compiles his models in FS9 format.)