Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

Animation of Yemenia Flight 626

I am still trying to figure out the such low alt and gear extension so early.

Any ideas?

Sent from my Apple communications device.

They tried to fly a circling approach, I wouldn't say the gear was down early. The biggest problem was flying the missed approach after the first screw up and then not applying TOGA thrust, the aircraft never went into go around mode. It is scary to think that a trained flight crew with a lot of experience get themselves into that kind of mess

Rob Prest

Everything until downind seemed to be ok including gear down. But you are right, the go around is horrifying. I think it is again a problem of a lack of (manual) airmanship combined with the "children of trhe magenta" syndrome - just look how look hhoew they press buttons over and over again and fiddeling with the altitude knob, they are always "behind" the aircraft and have no clue what is going on...

Just remember the video of "children of the magenta" (which should be made obligatory to watch for all pilots!) - if anything goes not as planned - "click,click - click,click" and just fly the  aircraft!

of course this is very very easy to say from your simulator chair....

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

I don't understand. They were with the Left Wing down 45degrees of bank and he continues to give full Left YOke and Full Left Rudder. It looks like he was trying hard to make that airplane get into a spin!

Alexis Mefano

he seamed like he had the plane in full controll. how is this possible from a trained professional pilot? 

Experienced or not pilots are human so they are capable of making mistakes especially if stressed out or fatigued.