Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

Trouble with Flight Planning on TBM850

Hello,

I really impressed with this TBM850, but I'm having a little trouble manually building a flight plan in the G1000.  When I select "FPL" and get the flight planning window, I then click on the small FMS knob to get the next window and put in the airport ICAO code as the first waypoint. Then I push "ENT" but another window comes up to give the option to make it the active waypoint.  If I select "OK" and hit "ENT" again, the window disappears.  If I select "Cancel", I go back to the original flight plan box, but nothing is entered.

I've looked at the manual and tried it the way it says, but I can't get the flight plan box to accept a waypoint when I select "ENT".

What could I be doing wrong.  

If I let FSX build the plan, of course, it will accept it ok.

Thank you,

Bob

I think I know what's going on....maybe. Try this from my own tinkering. I take it you enter an airport or waypoint in FPL but there's no magenta line, even after you hit enter and try to set as active waypoint? There seems to be two ways of starting a flightplan. You can either use the direct to button and enter a waypoint or airport. It work fine and you should get a magenta line. You can also add additional waypoints before your destination. What you're trying to do I think is start with a blank flightplan using FPL and entering an airport or a waypoint as your first leg. And you don't get a magenta line. For some reason it doesn't like that. If you input your current airport first as your first waypoint and continue with your waypoints and destination, it works and gives you a magenta line. I guess it needs to know where you're starting from. Hope this helps.

From trial and error, I have found that to start a flightplan, you must use the Direct-to button to enter the first waypoint.

After that step, you can use the FPL button to edit the flightplan..

Carenado did not provide a bulletproof G1000 by any stretch of the imagination :huh:

Which is why I reluctantly added a popup RXP GNS530 to serve as a trusted navigation device

and use the G1000 MFD as a "moving map" only..

Bert

It Works! Thank you Bert.

Maybe someone can help in in other problem with the G1000 fligth planning. When entering the waypoints, most of them does not appear in the G1000. I have to prepare de fligth plan in the FSCommander, then export to FSX and then they appear in the fligth plan and the NAV follows them perfectly. Is it a question of updating the G1000? How can I do it?

Thanks

Pelayo

I do not believe you can update the FSX navigation data database, so using a separate Flight Planner, is likely the best (and only) way to do it..

Bert