Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

This game is so screwy

I mean really, only 1 setting (airport vehicles) on vs. off nets double the frame rate. original.gif

j5jIRL8pX6HmC.jpg

jWXFchEImbbZv.jpg

I don't get it. Doubled fps with airport vehicles off? That is normal for FSX. What is funny here is that without vehicles your RAM is more occupied.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I don't think running 80+ processes helps much.

I don't think running 80+ processes helps much.

Exactly, probably so much junk on that machine running in the background.

Rob Prest

Eh, so you guys think that the 1/2 frame rate drop is due to my background processes when the only thing I changed between those 2 shots is the Airport Vehicle slider?

Nope, just think you probably have a lot of unnecessary junk in the background..

Rob Prest

With the massive amount of cpu and gpu overhead available, I don't think FSX cares one bit about the background processes. At least not enough to make any noticeable difference.

All FSX apparently cares about is trying to force a bunch of luggage trucks, that for some reason are uber-intensively complex to manage, around the airport grounds.

Airport ground vehicles are one of the number 1 fps killers out there. Since day 1.

C.

What the real "killer" here is that video clip, ha! :lol:

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Airport ground vehicles are one of the number 1 fps killers out there. Since day 1.

C.

True but I'm finding it depends on the type of pilot one is. I was mostly an Alaska GA guy but I just recently started doing airliners visiting larger hub airports hence me finally noticing that airport vehicles can be a dramatic fps hit at such airports.

In GA, I much earlier realized that Water can be a massive drain. <cough> Drain, get it? <sic>

Bottom line, FSX annoyingly seems to get over burdened very easily in all kinds of different scenarios. Forcing one to continually change settings if they wish to maximize their flight experience and visuals.

Few water examples:

jbn2MuVKtBhTOa.jpg

jbsVUZFsImy6li.jpg

jTqRsOx3sf7Wv.jpg

jgIuIJfIAeoes.jpg

I hear ya. Why is your water hitting you so hard? What AA settings you have? 8xS with 4xSGSS or something? I get 40 locked over big water REX based using Low 2x.

C.

Airport traffic hits your CPU in the same ways that AI Traffic does. Depending on the size of the airport, it is not surprising that there is a major FPS hit.

What setting causes the difference in inland water colours like that between the last two pics?  I really hate it when i can't get decent inland settings.

What setting causes the difference in inland water colours like that between the last two pics?  I really hate it when i can't get decent inland settings.

Last 4 pics (2 pair), are water only, between Low 1.x vs. High 2.x

When I have unusual fps drops over water, I tend to delete SHADER folders. It does the trick most of the time.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.