Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VeryBumpy

This game is so screwy

I mean really, only 1 setting (airport vehicles) on vs. off nets double the frame rate. original.gif

j5jIRL8pX6HmC.jpg

jWXFchEImbbZv.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't get it. Doubled fps with airport vehicles off? That is normal for FSX. What is funny here is that without vehicles your RAM is more occupied.

I don't think running 80+ processes helps much.

Exactly, probably so much junk on that machine running in the background.

Eh, so you guys think that the 1/2 frame rate drop is due to my background processes when the only thing I changed between those 2 shots is the Airport Vehicle slider?

Nope, just think you probably have a lot of unnecessary junk in the background..

With the massive amount of cpu and gpu overhead available, I don't think FSX cares one bit about the background processes. At least not enough to make any noticeable difference.

All FSX apparently cares about is trying to force a bunch of luggage trucks, that for some reason are uber-intensively complex to manage, around the airport grounds.

Airport ground vehicles are one of the number 1 fps killers out there. Since day 1.

C.

Airport ground vehicles are one of the number 1 fps killers out there. Since day 1.

C.

True but I'm finding it depends on the type of pilot one is. I was mostly an Alaska GA guy but I just recently started doing airliners visiting larger hub airports hence me finally noticing that airport vehicles can be a dramatic fps hit at such airports.

In GA, I much earlier realized that Water can be a massive drain. <cough> Drain, get it? <sic>

Bottom line, FSX annoyingly seems to get over burdened very easily in all kinds of different scenarios. Forcing one to continually change settings if they wish to maximize their flight experience and visuals.

Few water examples:

jbn2MuVKtBhTOa.jpg

jbsVUZFsImy6li.jpg

jTqRsOx3sf7Wv.jpg

jgIuIJfIAeoes.jpg

I hear ya. Why is your water hitting you so hard? What AA settings you have? 8xS with 4xSGSS or something? I get 40 locked over big water REX based using Low 2x.

C.

Airport traffic hits your CPU in the same ways that AI Traffic does. Depending on the size of the airport, it is not surprising that there is a major FPS hit.

What setting causes the difference in inland water colours like that between the last two pics?  I really hate it when i can't get decent inland settings.

What setting causes the difference in inland water colours like that between the last two pics?  I really hate it when i can't get decent inland settings.

Last 4 pics (2 pair), are water only, between Low 1.x vs. High 2.x

When I have unusual fps drops over water, I tend to delete SHADER folders. It does the trick most of the time.