Sign in to follow this  
C182A

RXP530 TERR/VNAV Bug

So far I am loving the 206, but I have one problem, on the RXP530 in the virtual cockpit, the VNAV button was replaced with TERR... Is this supposed to happen? I submitted tickets and sent emails to both Carenado and RXP, but no contact from them, so I turn to you guys, the guys on the line (which in my opinion are better than the default customer service...shhhh :lol:  )2013-7-13_15-12-34-173_zps4964dd53.png

Carenado put a TERR button there for their GNS - which has a Terr map page.

As long as you look for the "pink" hand to appear when you mouse over the knobs,

you can push there and get the RXP VNAV page to appear..

Just one of those little things..

Bert

Carenado put a TERR button there for their GNS - which has a Terr map page.

Hi,

One for you Mr Bert. I went and got the Reality XP GPS for my 206 and for the other Carenado aircraft I have, and as pointed out in this post the TERR button on the GPS is still visable on the VC panel which now does VNAV, But on the pop up 530 the terrain button has been changed to read VNAV in stead of TERR. Question is it possible to get the VC GPS to read VNAV?   Yet another attention to detail missed by the Carenado team

2013_8_9_5_57_38_997.jpg

Hi,

After some cutting and pasting I have done my own VNAV button on the GPS. So now the two match up. If anyone would like a copy PM your email address and I will send you a copy.

2013_8_9_11_12_33_768.jpg

Done some touching up on the GPS. Added XP to the VC one, re-done the VNAV button.

2013_8_9_22_24_18_528.jpg

Hi Guys:

What the advantage of buying a Reality XP GPS - doesn't the aircraft come with all you need to begin with

Does this work with most carenados ? 

Thank you

Rich Sennett

If you would like a realistic Garmin GNS, the Reality XP GNS delivers that.

You use the real world Garmin Pilots Guide to operate it..

Since it is a WAAS model, it also supports LPV landings..

And yes, it also works in other GNS530 equipped Carenado aircraft.

Bert

Yep, the RXP really is the bees knees.

Put it this way, it is operating directly from the GNS530W trainer from Garmin... Therefore it is basically replicating the 530W as Garmin present it through their trainer for crew that use it..It's epic.

Hmm you Guys sound quite happy with it yet I cant fine one decent video on this to see if this is something to invest in, thanks Guys

Rich Sennett

There are lots of training videos for the Garmin GNS530... try watching those..

Or, download the Garmin Trainer and run it by itself - it will give you a feel for how

the unit operates.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=3531

BTW.. the use interface is better on the RXP unit.. you use the mouse wheel to turn the knobs.

Bert

You seem like the go to guy Bert, I ran the installer on the  B200 that was included, I see XP on the face-plate. Won't switch on? Do I need to purchase something directly from Reality XP?