Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

777Fanatic

CTD with Orbx Global

Just installed it, tried to start FSX, I get a CTD on the loading screen of FSX starting up. I can't even get to the Menu anymore. It doesn't give me an error box either, just a windows notification that FSX has stopped working... Please help. I'd like to have ORBX Global AND FSX running.

Any help?

Hi John, did you post in the payware support forum? Also, did you install anything else in addition to FTXG at the same time? eg, mesh or landclass?

FSX will not start up if you do not have Microsoft Visual C++2005 installed.  It is installed when you install FSX but some people like to move their FSX to a new installation of Windows w/o going through the reinstall process.  Also look in your event viewer to see if their are any events that might give you a clue as to what went wrong.

Best regards,

Jim

FSX will not start up if you do not have Microsoft Visual C++2005 installed.  It is installed when you install FSX but some people like to move their FSX to a new installation of Windows w/o going through the reinstall process.  Also look in your event viewer to see if their are any events that might give you a clue as to what went wrong.

Best regards,

Jim

- What Jim said

More on event viewer

I got it to work. I replaced my textures with my back up textures, and then reinstalled. Boom, it worked. Thanks for the help guys.

Hm.. After I exited FSX, it seems to have gone back to not working...   Also I've never moved my FSX from my default install location.

Checked windows event log, it's an issue with Xfire. I closed xfire, and it ran fine. Thanks for telling me about Windows Event viewer. I would've never knew about the real cause otherwise.