Sign in to follow this  
ian844

Green line of nav display in pics

By the way, does the 777 have the Energy Management Circles, like the 747 (OFFPATH DESCENT)? If yes, are they modelled?

Thanks.

James Goggi

By the way, does the 777 have the Energy Management Circles, like the 747 (OFFPATH DESCENT)? If yes, are they modelled?

Thanks.

Obviously I'm not a tester on this, but I'd be willing to bet if the 777 has it (with the exception of WX radar and an EFB) it's in the product. That's just the way PMDG does it.

Elijah Hoyt
747ST.jpg
CFI, CFII, CMEL, CSEL, CSES, IFR

Any confirmation by a beta tester?

James Goggi

Hi guys!

Ian Jacobson & James Goggi, as Luke said its in the fix page, for example you can punch in EGLL, then you can set 50nm, 100nm and 150nm to see how far out you are (I know you can see it other places too hehe). The fix can be anything in the database example airfield, beacon or waypoint. An abeam point can be constructed or a radial or range circle can be displayed on the ND in the map mode. We also use it in DME procedures (SIDS, STARS & APP) and I also use it as a punching in a waypoint and use it to remember at this waypoint when I have to fill out the fuel chart, and calculate if everything is according to plan fuel wise, during cruise. :-)

Hope this helps a bit ;-)

Best regards Jakob

Ps: and yes it's also animated by PMDG in the NGX so why not in the 777 ;-)

737 CL/NG skysurfer

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg2zzdi.jpg

Obviously I'm not a tester on this, but I'd be willing to bet if the 777 has it (with the exception of WX radar and an EFB) it's in the product. That's just the way PMDG does it.

Hello,

A couple off shots show it greyed out, so it doesn't look like its modelled.

I don't think it's used much in real life.

Kind regards

Simon ward

The range arcs that you can set up in the FIX page are great for EDTO flights (read: ETOPS or EROPS, if your local aviation authority haven't switched over the terminology yet). Plug in your EDTO adequate and your OEI cruising speed and you get a rough picture of when you are within one hour of an adequate aerodrome. Of course, you would still use the actual EDTO Entry/Exit Points from the OFP...

Hello,

A couple off shots show it greyed out, so it doesn't look like its modelled.

I don't think it's used much in real life.

Kind regards

Simon ward

You refer to the OFFPATH DESCENT? If it is greyed out I am a bit disappointed, I recall it being quite used on the 747 and it's not such a secondary feature. It was also featured on the 747-400 PS1 simulator, already back in 1997...

Therefore it's not so true that "if the real 777 has it (with the exception of WX radar and EFB) it's in the product".

James Goggi

Sorry if this sounds a stupid question, but is there then the capability to set altitudes at these distances. Say you were flying into Manchester and the DAYNE2A arrival, ATC will usually issue a descent of FL120 25nm before TNT. So if I do a range ring for 25nm before TNT, can I then input an altitude in the FMS for this distance?

Sorry if its a bit long winded!

Sam

Say you were flying into Manchester and the DAYNE2A arrival, ATC will usually issue a descent of FL120 25nm before TNT. So if I do a range ring for 25nm before TNT, can I then input an altitude in the FMS for this distance?

You can do TNT/-25 and the FMC will plot a waypoint along your route that is 25 miles before reaching TNT.

Please, can any beta tester check if the OFFPATH DESCENT feature is modelled or greyed out?

Thank you!

James Goggi

You can do TNT/-25 and the FMC will plot a waypoint along your route that is 25 miles before reaching TNT.

Thanks, I knew there was a way to do it but I've not been flying for nearly a month so forgot what the correct procedure was!

Please, can any beta tester check if the OFFPATH DESCENT feature is modelled or greyed out?

It's currently greyed out.

Kyle Rodgers

The fix page with the green dashed circles is actually used very very often!

Examples:

If a SID has the instruction: at 5nm after passing VORDME so an so, turn left to.....

You can enter that VORDME in the Fix page and put /5 on one of the lines.

You can now visually see where to turn left.

Or a SID that has the instruction: intercept radial 270 from VORDME so and so, cross 10nm (on radial 270) 6000ft or above.

Again put that VORDME in the Fix page and enter 270/10

You now see the radial to intercept as well as where that altitude restriction is.

I know these things will usually all be in your legs pages as well, but if Lnav fails, you can have the first two instructions (with two Fix pages) in the Fix pages, as a back up, and continue with HDG SEL.

During cruise the Fix page can be used to easily identify Alternate airports.

You can create circles of equal size around them so you can see which airport is closer.

Or you can create a circle that is about the distance you would fly in hour (with no wind).

390nm is used for this by some airlines.

This would visualise to you if you are still within your non ETOPS flight plan (if non ETOPS is how your flight was dispatched).

The possibilities are numerous, and it is quick and easy.

Rob Robson