Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

PMDG 777 VIDEO - VHHH Departure

Ok. Good start.

When checking the flight controls make sure you have the FCTL button selected. It will show you the movement of the stabilisers, elevators and ailerons. It's great you know where the light switches are..........

Not required in the 777 - EICAS will tell you if there's an issue. It's an EICAS driven aircraft pretty much.  

Not required in the 777 - EICAS will tell you if there's an issue. It's an EICAS driven aircraft pretty much.  

Could also be an airline SOP whether you watch the screen or not but its interesting to hear that EICAS will pop up with a problem if something won't move correctly. 

You hear more air on the 777 FD than hum.

Yep, everyday when I enter a 777 flight deck I mostly hear the aircon system more than anything else. 

Actualy I just meant the general hum or whine you hear once you walk onto the flight deck. Not a big deal, I always add it myself with an external program.

Rob,

Its there but the two layers of equipment cooling fans and packs / recirc fans layers keep it in the background.  You can clearly hear it when only the battery is on.

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Thanks Armen, Just what I needed to know, excellent work.

Cheers

Rob Prest

Does anybody know what that chime is after gear retracted on takeoff? I have also heard it while taxing before takeoff also. All I can guess is that its a 'cabin ready' tone?

Cheers,

Tom

Does anybody know what that chime is after gear retracted on takeoff?

Yup, it's an alert chime. In this case, it was for the Cabin Ready signal, just a little late. It sounds for numerous reasons: Message from dispatch, ATC commands, SELCAL, data link, cabin alerts/calls, etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC

Luke,

You have made a really excellent video.  :wink:

One question: The engine start switches have two positions (start and normal). The real ones got two options. Some with (start and normal, too) and some with (start, normal and continuous).

Are these options modeled or only the first one?

From what I've heard, CON won't be modelled. Maybe Ryan can jump on this and explain better - but I don't believe the full function is within FSX's limits. That's including in the NGX... 

Its there but the two layers of equipment cooling fans and packs / recirc fans layers keep it in the background.  You can clearly hear it when only the battery is on.

Armen, you've done an INSANELY amazing job with this aircrafts sounds.  ^_^

Has anyone noticed Luke's flight number "UAE831" could this be Aug 31, and then 5

seconds into the flight at the bottom of the video it says PMDG 777 BETA UAE381 

-VHHH DEPARTURE. The numbers are changed....just having fun Luke, great Video

you know I can't fly any of my aircrafts after watching this amazing PMDG 777 software Sim.

It was well worth the wait.

all the best

Carlo.

Haha yeah I made a typo there  :P

Awesome thanks Luke for the great video! I just love those lights, takes me back to when I flew a BA Level D B777 years back the night atmosphere was amazing  I think I may just taxi around all night long lol

Thanks buddy. It's such an awesome aircraft to maneuver! Taxing is way nicer than the 737 and once you get used to the power, it's a blast. Don't need to go up near 35% N1 to begin your taxi - even at MTOW  :lol:  B)

Relaxing your flight skills is not good airmanship! Go fly a light aircraft where you have to visually check the ailerons, rudder and horizontal stabs. Then come back and tell me your thoughts. EICAS can do what it wants, but a good pilot will be good at his job. Also it helps keep your competency up if you have to go into another aircraft. Just because these things can fly themselves doesn't take away your responsibility.

Relaxing your flight skills is not good airmanship! Go fly a light aircraft where you have to visually check the aierlons, rudder and horizontal stabs. Then come back and tell me your thoughts. EICAS can do what it wants, but a good pilot will be good at his job. Also it helps keep your competency up if you have to go into another aircraft. Just because these things can fly themselves doesn't take away your responsibility.

So, because that's the procedure I use in the 777 means I'm going to do it in every aircraft? (Probably won't fly another different type of jet in FSX again) Tomorrow when I fly my PA28 (RW) I'll be sure to check the EICAS for any malfunctions. I think Kyle is taking up this procedure in the DA42 too  B)

Please stop judging someone based of what they do in a simulator. Almost as bad as the guy on Vatsim trying to tell me I'm lacking motivation by sitting in the right sit on FSX  :mellow:

Relaxing your flight skills is not good airmanship! Go fly a light aircraft where you have to visually check the ailerons, rudder and horizontal stabs. Then come back and tell me your thoughts. EICAS can do what it wants, but a good pilot will be good at his job. Also it helps keep your competency up if you have to go into another aircraft. Just because these things can fly themselves doesn't take away your responsibility.

Take into account some airplanes don't even have a flight control surface indicator such as the 737 where its an option. If the yoke and rudder moves freely to their stops then I know the system is good to go on the little Boeing (The airline I model doesn't have tire pressure or FC indications). 

. If the yoke and rudder moves freely to their stops then I know the system is good to go on the little Boeing

To be fair, it does have a cable system - so if there was a blockage in actual control devices, you would feel it in yoke. If there was a disconnect, I guess it would just feel abnormally light.

Thanks Luke - we're still not finished - some further new cool features are incoming .......  :Shocked:

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Like a RAF lightning on scramble, rotate, gear up, positive rate of climb!

I thought that was gear up, positive rate, rotate? :lol:

Best regards,

Robin.

So, because that's the procedure I use in the 777 means I'm going to do it in every aircraft? (Probably won't fly another different type of jet in FSX again) Tomorrow when I fly my PA28 (RW) I'll be sure to check the EICAS for any malfunctions. I think Kyle is taking up this procedure in the DA42 too  B)

Please stop judging someone based of what they do in a simulator. Almost as bad as the guy on Vatsim trying to tell me I'm lacking motivation by sitting in the right sit on FSX  :mellow:

Sorry Luke, I wasn't judging. I'm a stickler for flying skills though and.......well, I don't think you are going to fly seriously so don't take what I say too seriously. But if you are aiming for an airline position sometime in the future, I would take airmanship very seriously. That is unless you don't mind working for Asiana.

You should in fact be delighted I dare say something to you. It is almost like free tuition. But if it's not welcome I'll hold onto my wisdom for someone who wants to soak it up like a sponge.

Enjoy your flight on your PA28.

Just for your peace of mind, read the following, so you know I am not the only stickler on this, and why there is such a thing as good airlines and good pilots.

http://flighttraining.aopa.org/students/presolo/skills/howtopreflight.html

Edited by IAF747

To be fair, it does have a cable system - so if there was a blockage in actual control devices, you would feel it in yoke. If there was a disconnect, I guess it would just feel abnormally light.

Exactly! I watched a video of a real 777 crew doing a flight control check, and considering the thing is FBW, the only thing they really checked was that the two yokes were connected to each other. I was rather surprised they didn't have the flight control page displayed, and watch for the feedback from the flight control position indicators. On the Airbus, this is a mandatory requirement during control checks, to ensure the control position indicators move in full and in the correct sense.

There was an incident on an Airbus last year whereby the Captain's side stick controller had been incorrectly wired to the control unit in the avionics bay. The result? The ailerons were inverted. Because the crew failed to properly conduct flight control checks, and because maintenance had failed to adequately perform flight control checks after maintenance, they did not know they had a problem until the Captain tried to roll after takeoff, and it rolled the wrong way. Now imagine that had been the elevator, and they got to Vr...

Yes, it DOES happen! ALWAYS perform proper control checks and ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!

Best regards,

Robin.