Sign in to follow this  
JamesDinsdale

2D

Always funny when people get crazy about a question and just keep bumping the topic over and over to the top of the list with annoid replies.

A forum is pretty simple. Don't answere and the post fades away fast, ignore it.

Another note:

Be aware of the trolls

Be aware of the trolls

Trolls? I know James, and he actually wanted to know whether it had a 2D panel. Get a grip, please.

Trolls? I know James, and he actually wanted to know whether it had a 2D panel. Get a grip, please.

Easy mistake to make by Morvious. So before you have a go at him, look at what happened -

A question from a low post member that had been asked many, many times before and has a history of causing internecine strife on the forums between those that think 2D is vital and those that do not...

Followed by an indignant, contentious reply from that same member calling the majority of the forum members thick.

I thnk the need for "grip" lies somewhere else. :Thinking: :wink:

Greg B

Dont feel like searching. Whens it coming out? Will it have weather radar? When will the fs9 version be released? How can i be a beta tester? Why hasn't it been released yet? How much? Will it have 2 d panels? What is the seating config? Can i fit 402 people on it? Will the vitual cabin have direct tv available on its screens? Will my saitek yoke be able to be programmed to act as a remote for the tv at seat 56c?

Now dont be mean i am just asking.............

Richie Walsh

At the end of the day I got my answer from some helpful people. Those who wanted to waste peoples time and just write crap I do not care about. Continue having a strop I don't care as I will not look back at this thread.

Good day,

Dins

Having ~500 posts does not make you superior to everybody else. You cannot complain that someone insulted the membership of the forum then continue to write condescending replies towards them.

Someone asked a question, it was answered. They started a discussion, it was discussed. This is a forum for discussion. I really don't see the problem here, apart from many of you being over-sensitive about some major hyperbole the OP posted. 

I never said the OP was a troll and never meant to.

You know, at my work, we have about 12 office ladies, all of which, don't bicker back at each other as much as I have seen around here lately.

I think everyone just needs a little E-Hug and start over.

I will start first. I will say one nice thing about the poster above me. Here is goes.

MMale obviously has good taste. If I take His avatar correctly, He is an egg. I love eggs, and it makes me feel good inside thinking about them!

Sent from my Apple communications device.

Hello, it's my first message here.

I read that the 2D panel won't be available !

It's not fair to fly all the time in the virtual cockpit...

I imagine, for exemple, in case of a zone of turbulence, it would be difficult to clic on some button...

Can you give me some argument... :(

When I think about the beautiful 2D cockpit of the PSS 777 : http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/Attachments/up1/97413.jpg

It won't be difficult to do a very better 2D cockpit for this wonderful PMDG 777...

Hello, it's my first message here.

I read that the 2D panel won't be available !

It's not fair to fly all the time in the virtual cockpit...

I imagine, for exemple, in case of a zone of turbulence, it would be difficult to clic on some button...

Can you give me some argument... :(

When I think about the beautiful 2D cockpit of the PSS 777 : http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/Attachments/up1/97413.jpg

It won't be difficult to do a very better 2D cockpit for this wonderful PMDG 777...

Hi Happy, be sure to sign your full name so your posts don't get deleted.

I have never had trouble clicking on something with turbulence. The movements are much more subtle than you think.

2D panels are simply becoming outdated. They do not at all provide a realistic viewpoint, and cost development resources that could be better used making a gorgeous VC like the PMDG 777 has.

I use TrackIR myself which is a head-tracking software that moves your viewpoint with your head. It is extremely helpful for using the VC as I can just move my head around a bit to see everything.

There really is no reason to use 2D panels anymore with the exception of popups and the CDU. With a clean VC, everything can be accessed just as easily and much more realistically.

Hope this helps.

MMale obviously has good taste. If I take His avatar correctly, He is an egg. I love eggs, and it makes me feel good inside thinking about them!

I created this account from Twitter and I think that's the default Twitter photo... but thanks so much, you've brightened my day up, even though it's 2:55am.

And.. and I like the plane in your avatar, William J.S.S!

No 2D, except limited pop ups.

Also, why does this always devolve into polarity? I would consider it to be a courtesy to at least have a look in the forum to see if a question has been answered. With one as frequently brought up as 2D panels, it's not like it would take a lot of time before you got an answer. As such, I don't see the problem with mentioning "hey, a search would've answered that for you."

Of course, the politeness squad comes in and says that referring someone to the search feature is not polite. I'm still somewhat in awe of that statement, as asking people to repeat things over and over is equally also, to some degree, impolite.

Then, of course, we get those who say "well if everyone just searches to find an answer, nobody would need to post at all," which, we all know is not true. There are new issues that may crop up, new news, and many other things.

Granted, if you're going to point out that a search would've answered it, I'd still attempt to answer the question so as to not be wholly unhelpful. I'm sure someone can find a post where I didn't answer, but by and large, I'll at least provide the answer.

Welcome to my world...

You are always here to the rescue

I really wish that this forum is a read only! Hahah not again

Moe ELkarout

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg