Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

Carenado update B58 Baron to version 2.0

Finally :Party:  :yahoo:  :clapping:  :dance:

CARENADO B58 Baron X-PLANE 10 UPDATE.
August 14th, 2013

Carenado is pleased to announce the free update of the B58 Baron to version 2.0, including an update to the SASL plugin system to v2.0.1.
This version is compatible with X-Plane 9.7, X-Plane 10.21 32-bit, and X-Plane 10.21 64-bit on Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.

Overhauled plugin-enhanced sound and lighting, X-Plane 10 optimizations, and many further improvements.

These packages run on either X-Plane 9 or X-Plane 10, so customers who bought them for X-Plane 9 could run them in X-Plane 10 without any problem.

Existing customers can simply re-download the complete package from the online store they originally got it from, to get the latest version.

This new version is highly recommended for all existing B58 Baron customers.

Yes!!!!!  I was really looking forward for this one!

The Baron58 is beautifuly made, in all aspects!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Yes!!!!!  I was really looking forward for this one!

The Baron58 is beautifuly made, in all aspects!

I agree.  Back to XP10 for a while :lol:   The updates and addons are slowly arriving and looking great :Party:  :Peace:

Back to XP10 for a while

lmfao!!!    :Applause:

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

lmfao!!!    :Applause:

:lol:  :P the sexy moving clouds addon this winter will be amazing and probably get me back full-time in xp10 and part-time with the other sim :ph34r:

I love it.  The sound is great and the aircraft flies beautifully.  This will be one of my favorites now for sure.

XPX64 is king.  

:lol:  :P the sexy moving clouds addon this winter will be amazing and probably get me back full-time in xp10 and part-time with the other sim :ph34r:

That and FSGRW will also be working with XPX64 soon.

Yup!!

I was ready to move to the "other side - P3D" but decided to hold short. I really like XP very much, guess I'm a little frustrated with the lack of news form LR. I would be nice if we (public beta testers) had a general idea of what's going on and what is coming down the pipeline.

Anyway, 3pd's are doing just that, and this is keeping me from moving away.

Will be getting the Baron, was just waiting for the update.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

We have to use them all!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Definitely on my to-buy list, but have put a hold on any more XP purchases until we know more about where this sim is going, and whether fixes and features such as visibility will be forthcoming in the next 5 years. So far Austin & co are keeping very quiet, going on past experience I'm not holding my breath. Enjoy the Baron folks, I'll be in FTX land. ;)

I'll be in FTX land. ;)

You are on a good land!!!! Take your time and enjoy, but don't miss this one when you find the budget :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Great news! What planes are yet to be updated?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Alexander Colka

We have to use them all!

Aside from the known XP bugs, XP fills all my sim needs. I honestly don't spend lots of time XP'ing (siming) I like racing games also (Grid 2) and been spending some time with BF3. This I do in the afternoons on weekdays (couple of hours worth), Saturdays are for RC racing (off-road/helicopters) and Sundays are for church and family.

Soooo, (use them all), I really don't have time to play with other sims. I do have DSC World but don't use it at all, even with its great flight models. I guess I'm one of the few that decided to settle with XP when it comes to wings.  B)

I guess I'm one of the few that decided to settle with XP when it comes to wings.

Which, after all, is really not a bad decision! ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

List of changes in this update:

• SASL plugin added functionality:
    • 32-bit and 64-bit Mac, Windows, and Linux support.
    • Stereo 3D sound, with new dynamic effects
    • custom prop, which adds realism to the spinning prop, including volumetric side view and change in thickness with pitch.
    • 2D pop-up windows to control camera presets, field of view, and various options.
    • Enhanced radio tuning, using manipulators, but jumping over unused frequencies.
    • Interior lighting optimized for X-Plane v9 and v10.
    • Overhauled lighting system. Lighting halos for nav and strobe lights are now only visible under certain viewing angles.
    • Strobe lights blink in a custom pattern and order.
    • Landing light features tightly-focused "glare" effect when viewed from the right angle.
    • Nav lights have been improved for a more realistic appearance.
    • Improved ground handling
  • 2 Different .acf files: one for v9, one for v10.
    • v10 .acf features optimized objects. Interior/exterior shading is applied only where needed, saving resources.
    • v10 .acf has further optimizations to objects that don't need the background (clouds, skies) to be drawn through them, if they're not transparent, saving further resources.
    • v10 .acf also protects certain textures from resolution degradation at low rendering settings. This guarantees that the panel instruments and text are always crisp and clear, no matter what rendering settings are chosen for the sim.
    • v10 .acf is optimized to make use of HDR rendering, especially in terms of lighting. This includes spill lights, which illuminate the surroundings, coming from Nav and Strobe lights.
    • When HDR mode is turned off, care has been taken to optimize the appearance of the plane without the enhancement benefits of HDR.

Did any of you get your update from Carenado's main site? When I log in to my acct. it says nothing of The Baron being version #2

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick