Sign in to follow this  
Mean Aerodynamic Chord

Microsoft Shuts Down Games for Windows LIVE Marketplace

Yet another PC game-related service from Microsoft shuts down... This time, Games for Windows LIVE Marketplace. Thankfully, the GFW LIVE online game service will still work, but you can no longer buy games directly from Microsoft.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2046824/its-game-over-for-games-for-windows-live-microsoft-shutters-pc-marketplace.html#tk.fb_pc

I wonder does this affect those looking for Flight content.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Good riddance, it was really clunky, difficult to use and i much prefer steam :P 

Alex 

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Good riddance, it was really clunky, difficult to use and i much prefer steam :P

Alex 

I agree, I've never felt like buying anything from their marketplace and I've always hated GFWL... Somehow I managed to create multiple profiles with same name/email and now for some games I never know which one to use, GFWL is just so much trouble.

Another 70% complete product by Microsoft ... will they ever learn?

Alex

It still works. Just the Marketplace was closed. Hopefully the actual service continues to work for a long time, as I just recently bought some GFWL games...

I wonder does this affect those looking for Flight content.

They've stated that any content that has been purchased from the store (not just Flight content, but any other GFWL games and add-ons) will still be downloadable through the GFWL client, but no new purchases will be possible.

Brandon Filer

MS has been on a failure streak since BIll Gates handed over the reigns to Ballmer. I guess their console division has been doing alright but everything else has been going down hill.

MS has been on a failure streak since BIll Gates handed over the reigns to Ballmer. I guess their console division has been doing alright but everything else has been going down hill.

Their console almost hit a snag with XBox One and their attempt to use the Flight model to overly control content. PS4 almost ran away with the market if MS didn't back down from that path.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Steve Balmer = unable to think outside the box = phphphphph

his numbers speak for himself

Matthew Kane