Sign in to follow this  
Spartan0536

FlyTampa Tampa Rebooted V2, thoughts?

First off I could not find a FlyTampa area for this thread so I placed it in the general FSX area, if this is an incorrect place for this thread please move it. Now as the title implies, what are your thoughts on FlyTampa's KTPA Rebooted 2 scenery?

Performance?

Area of Coverage?

Details?

Support?

Worth the price tag?

I fly for a Virtual Airline where KTPA is a minor hub with about 10 flights operating out of it, I live in Tampa Bay and I have flown into and out of KTPA more than 30 times in my 27 years, so I am very familiar with the airport. I have seen youtube videos and screenshots and while they look impressive and very accurate, I want to know what the AVSIM community thinks of this product, so lets hear it!

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

Performance:  No worse than any other highly detailed airport.  I've got a good machine, and framerates are not an issue.  

Area of coverage:  Haven't been into this scenery in a while, but I believe there are some custom buildings and textures just outside of the airport perimeter.

Details:  It is exactly like the real KTPA.  

Support:  I've never had any issues with any of my FlyTampa scenery, but sometimes there will be a update released for some of their newer products, fixing the odd bug, or adding volumetric grass, etc..

Worth the price?:  Its very high quality scenery.  I think its worth the money for sure.

From Clearwater here, so it was a must for me. They model Ray J west to the water/Courtney Campbell, and Hillsborough south to a little bit past Kennedy. International is modeled as well as Westshore, so you have some good visuals on approach. It doesn't go into downtown or touch MacDill though. They also touched up the Howard Franklin a little bit, and add the Sunshine Skyway for an added side touch. It's really nice, has the good old blue and reds going from terminal side and back. It's fantastic and you'll see everything's spot on, given the time it was created, and like Chris said, performance is what you'd expect with a larger airport. Your specs are a touch up on mine so I don't think you'll have any issues. Well worth the price, especially for the home airport!

Nice, thanks for taking the time on this, glad to hear that others are in the bay area that have purchased this. I know companies like FlightBeam, LatinVFR, FlyTampa, ORBX, and FSDT all have stellar reputations, however personal reviews like this are worth more than 10 HD youtube videos easily. I was glad to see the Sunshine Skyway modeled in the pictures, It would be cool if they got the night lighting for it as well, as it looks pretty awesome at night. Speaking of which, how is the night lighting at the airport, taxiways, runways, terminal, ramps, ect...?

Don't know if it's fixed on the download ( I purchased it the day it was released) but the runways changed . 36's and 18's are now 1's and 19's. They have a patch on their site if you need it. It's a fantastic scenery.

Richie Walsh

One of my favorite airports day or night. I also live near KTPA and love Fly Tampa airports.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Here's a few shots for ya, just a quick run. I had these compressed to hopefully abide by the Avsim screenshot rules, hope they meet the standard. If not, hope you see them before they are removed. That process will lower the quality of the shots:

Terminal from the north at night:

w5c8.jpg

Skyway at night:

o4j7.jpg

Day:

h5gj.jpg

Coverage area (forgot how far north it actually went):

uono.jpg

thanks a ton for those, sadly the skyway is not light but that just would have been a really nice feature. I think I am pretty much sold on this, should be nice, hope they will continue to improve on KTPA as they develop more techniques. Thanks a ton guys, you really helped out, by all means keep posting your thoughts, perhaps this thread will entice others to purchase this scenery.

Also, there is a freeware KTPA that seems to utilize almost all the DEMO FlyTamapa KTPA files, hopefully this gets taken care of if it really is piracy.