Sign in to follow this  
cubs

Kia Tak SIDS STARS

Hi all,

Yesterday I finally found a program the automatically installs the Kia Tak procedures for the PMDG aircraft. It is titled: PMDG_VHHX [NG]v2.0. After installing it, I loaded a flight from RKSI to VHHX. About a half hour into the flight, my computer crashed, Blue screen. After rebooting, I tried another flight out of Kia Tak, loaded the IGS 13 approach, took off and about 10 minutes later, it crashed again. I really like this airport and would like to be able to use the procedures. Has anyone had any problems with this application? or now of a way to get the computer to accept the soft ware?

Thanks

Doug Morlan

Never used the automatic install - I just added them manually and never had a problem. It seems complicated at first but if you just follow the tutorials its actually very simple. If that software is causing crashes I would un-install it right away and have a go at doing it manually. You can always make backups of the files if your scared of doing something wrong.

Yes, I installed them manually and it works perfectly! I would find a good guide and do it by hand. Installers don't always work as planned for some.

Hi, Doug,

I suggest that you restore the PMDG Airacs to the state they were in before you ran the Kai Tak installer, run the sim and make sure you are no longer getting crashes, and then manually install Kai Tak.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

where can I find this kai tak installer and what exactly does it do?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

where can I find this kai tak installer and what exactly does it do?

Why would you want to find it after all the crashes he has been having with it?! Seems foolish.

It installs the IGS approach for runway 13 along with the SID's and STARS but you need to have an addon airport I think as default in FSX isnt an airport (this is why there are no runways, radios navigation aids, waypoints or SID/STARS installed so you have to add them manually)

I have been using it for years, for pmdg(Pre NGX) and newer version that works with NGX and level d, never crashes, I'd check if it not something else. Have you flown the scenery without the airac modification using the NGX?

It's a great tool, because it adds the features correctly so they display the runway centreline properly on the nd rather than the approach. There some dodgy data on the forums for adding it yourself that doesn't quite align. It's a quick way at getting the data back in after a airac update that deletes it.

Hi all,

Yesterday I finally found a program the automatically installs the Kia Tak procedures for the PMDG aircraft. It is titled: PMDG_VHHX [NG]v2.0. After installing it, I loaded a flight from RKSI to VHHX. About a half hour into the flight, my computer crashed, Blue screen. After rebooting, I tried another flight out of Kia Tak, loaded the IGS 13 approach, took off and about 10 minutes later, it crashed again. I really like this airport and would like to be able to use the procedures. Has anyone had any problems with this application? or now of a way to get the computer to accept the soft ware?

Thanks

Doug Morlan

There is no way navdata is causing your computer to crash/blue screen.  None at all. I use that exact same package and have no trouble at all with it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Also been using this for years, No problems.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

What scenery you using for Kai tak?

Please,would someone post a link to the Kai Tak airport info package? Now that it appears not to be the source of the OP's problem, I would like to try it!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

http://www.vapap.com/kai-tak-airport

I use fly Tampa also for scenery and have no issues, so perhaps maybe you have some other Addon scenery that causing the issue? There was a number of scenery fixes out a while ago that were Pre fly Tampa, or ones for messing with ai o make them fly the igs, check you have not got some rouge conflicting scenery, the fly Tampa scenery can be installed in different ways, so perhaps try the other.

I've used fly Tampa Kai tak and these nav Addon for years and never had any issues, in fact for quite a busy scenery, its one of the best performing Addon sceneries I've seen.

Maybe a full uninstall of the scenery, do a search for any VHHX or VHHK bgl's to check for problems, then do install again, and see if that fixes, it..hope you can flying anything into there is amazing, I've flown all My PMDG stuff in, from js41, 747 to the NGX, its always a stop of point when I do my runs the world trips.

I use fly Tampa also for scenery and have no issues, so perhaps maybe you have some other Addon scenery that causing the issue? There was a number of scenery fixes out a while ago that were Pre fly Tampa, or ones for messing with ai o make them fly the igs, check you have not got some rouge conflicting scenery, the fly Tampa scenery can be installed in different ways, so perhaps try the other.

I've used fly Tampa Kai tak and these nav Addon for years and never had any issues, in fact for quite a busy scenery, its one of the best performing Addon sceneries I've seen.

Maybe a full uninstall of the scenery, do a search for any VHHX or VHHK bgl's to check for problems, then do install again, and see if that fixes, it..hope you can flying anything into there is amazing, I've flown all My PMDG stuff in, from js41, 747 to the NGX, its always a stop of point when I do my runs the world trips.

Hi, James,

Thanks for the link!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2