Sign in to follow this  
citationjet

Piper Malibu Mirage released!

Its a nice plane the VC is awsome I only flew it for like 10 min last night but Ill post a short review later

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Hi,
Great Aircraft, However has anyone noticed that when you click the Passenger Door open box in the control panel the small cargo door opens instead. Also regarding the RXP 530 and 430, now this is the first Aircraft I have seen both how do you get the both to show? I have run the config file but as you can see I'm not getting the 430. Also if I go through the main RXP config setup it only allows me to have one and not the both.

image.jpg

2013_8_27_16_57_51_961.jpg

I am waiting for the Malibu section to open up before I start listing all the bugs I have noticed so far in less then 2 hours of flight time.....

I guess we will be beta testing this aircraft as well.

Some things never change...

Same for me....lot of bugs I saw on a short trip and for the owners of the Malibu Jetprop there is no need at the end to buy the Mirage...same style at the end with less power

...... and for the owners of the Malibu Jetprop there is no need at the end to buy the Mirage...same style at the end with less power

It's a totally different aircraft.     I'm not defending Carenado in any way, but I'm just saying, it is a very different aircraft.   It has a different powerplant, different FDE, totally different avionics fit, etc.

I wouldn't say it's valid advice to say to people "if you have a turbo prop, don't buy a piston".          Some people love pistons, some people love turbo props.

HI Dave,

you are right of course. It was nothing against the aircraft itself, beside the typical "Carenado" bugs ;-)

Nevertheless I expected a little more "power" in the Mirage ;-)

Most of the 3D modelling (from the tail up to the firewall), texturing and interior 3D-modelling was probably recycled, though. Maybe the FDE too, just with the power plant sections modified. I think it would be fair with at least a small discount ($10?) for existing P46T owners.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Most of the 3D modelling (from the tail up to the firewall), texturing and interior 3D-modelling was probably recycled, though. Maybe the FDE too, just with the power plant sections modified. I think it would be fair with at least a small discount ($10?) for existing P46T owners.

I am ok with the price but for the past 4 releases little things like the fuel remaining that shows in the G1000 fuel stats page and the EMIS fuel page on the Malibu are not correct. we have been fixing little things like this for some time and then telling Carenado of the fix so they can apply them to future releases.... you would thing they would... It just goes to show you that they are reusing as much code as possible from model to model with absolutely no in house beta testing..

My fuel gauges dont even work on the Malibu for Christs sake... I haven't had this long of a bug/fix list since the C90....

I am just getting tired of 3+ weeks of fixing stuff on every release that is soooooo small and easy to fix that Carenado just ignores...

Hi,

I sent a support mail to  Carenado regarding the cargo hatch error and what I got back was Carenado Support, Aug 27 17:05 (CLT): Greetings. Thank you very much for your feedback, we´ll fix that in a future patch we might release for the aircraft. How many times do we have to go down the same path everytime a new aircraft gets released. I would love to know how and they go about the beta testing I think most of them are blind and need an eye test. A 10 year could do better. Another thing that they have missed is have alook at the near parking cone this one is hoving off the ground where as the far one is fine. Also have a look on the fuel lever (red one) the red texture has another overlapping texture on it. Surely they must have seen this. I think this will my last Aircraft from these guys as they seem to be getting worse each time a new aircraft comes out.

2013_8_28_19_26_25_766.jpg

I honestly suspect Carenado don't do any beta testing.    Evidence suggests they finish the project and release.   This seems to be the case because there are some absolutely obvious bugs that make it out, on the RTM versions.

For example, the hugely obvious sound bug in the Alabeo (Carenado under a different name) Tomahawk .... if they had even started the engine and went to full power once, (ie... took off!) they would have heard the massively obvious sound bug!

I think people who say that Carenado get their early purchasers to do their beta testing are spot on.

Also regarding the RXP 530 and 430, now this is the first Aircraft I have seen both how do you get the both to show?

Do you have both the 430 and 530 RXP products?  They're two separate purchases.  There are three different utilities for integration.  530 + default, 430 + default and 530+430.  As with other Carenado planes I have that feature both, I have no trouble getting both 530 and 430 to work after running the integration utility, but I've owned both RXP products for quite some time now.

I honestly suspect Carenado don't do any beta testing.

This has been commented on before by at least one of the beta testers.  Yes, they've tested (at least in the past), but as I recall the comment has been that they've not always fixed what the beta testers have reported.  Sorry, I wish I had links, but I can't find them and am going from memory.  It's certainly the case that Carenado takes the opposite approach from a RealAir or PMDG, though.  Release first with known issues and fix (some things) as necessary.  It does make buying less appealing and partially as a result, this is my first Carenado in some time.

Picked this up tonight despite some reservations, simply because it was a plane I've been wanting someone to do.  Comments after a quick flight...  My biggest disappointment so far is with the sound set.  With Carenado products, what I expect up front is good viscerals - sight and sound.  So far, the sights don't disappoint, but the sounds do.  In this case, I wanted the JetProp, only with a good piston roar.  Nope, this is more like a somewhat annoying buzz.

So far airplane performance seems to match what I expect for a piston Malibu (I'm always amused when people expect something from the simulation that the real world airplane doesn't provide and criticize based on that), but there are a few glaring issues right from the start.  The biggest up front issue (again based on a very quick evaluation) is that the fuel gauges never move.  The tool tips seem to indicate fuel burn, and I got the fuel imbalance light to light after climb out with one tank selected, but the gauges didn't move and the tool tips indicated even tanks.  Eh?

I'm not sure the EMIS (Electronic Module Instrument System, which turns out to be a digital performance monitoring system), is functioning right either.  I hit buttons to change displays and weird things happen,  Will have to characterize this further.  I like the gauge(s) in default mode though, as they make engine settings easy to see and set in the VC, but I'm not sure about the controls yet. 

I'm sure I'll find other things as I fly it further, but those are the initial impressions.

Scott

So far airplane performance seems to match what I expect for a piston Malibu (I'm always amused when people expect something from the simulation that the real world airplane doesn't provide and criticize based on that), but there are a few glaring issues right from the start.  The biggest up front issue (again based on a very quick evaluation) is that the fuel gauges never move.  The tool tips seem to indicate fuel burn, and I got the fuel imbalance light to light after climb out with one tank selected, but the gauges didn't move and the tool tips indicated even tanks.  Eh?

Have you tried toggling the fuel selector to off and then to Left or Right before flying? This works for me with the JetProp.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

So far, the sights don't disappoint, but the sounds do.  In this case, I wanted the JetProp, only with a good piston roar.  Nope, this is more like a somewhat annoying buzz.

There is a teledyne 550 set in the lib. Not correct, but it has hairy ones.

Have you tried toggling the fuel selector to off and then to Left or Right before flying? This works for me with the JetProp.

Started with the selector off, cold and dark.  Switched to left on startup.  Late in climbout the fuel imbalance light lit, so I switched to the right.  That's when I started to notice things weren't right.

There is a teledyne 550 set in the lib. Not correct, but it has hairy ones.

Thanks.  Yeah, I think some looking will be in order.

Scott