Sign in to follow this  
skwaL

FPS. What FPS do you get?

Why not Adam, you are losing performance for no reason?

The 777 comes, out of the box, set with a refresh rate way higher than the NGX. Totally unnecessarily. 15 refresh rate for the PFD and ND is perfectly adequate. Some are using even lower.

I don't see why it's a good idea to throw frames away for nothing.

Just got the T7 a couple of days ago. Plan on adjusting it the next chance I get. Regards

Be careful: no doubt this may be a good fix, but remember that when you adjust the visual seetings from inside the FSX menu the LOD radius will be automatically reset to 4.5 in fsx.cfg. Since this is a huge contributor to FPS behaviour, if you have for LOD radius something higher than 4.5 and you make some adjustment in the visual options from FSX menu and do not restore your current LOD value in fsx.cfg, you will see a big improvement in FPS but that might be mainly generated by LOD radius being dropped to 4.5. Hope I have explained this well... :(

Regards

No this has nothing to do with LOD radius, mine has always been set to the default 4.5 and still is, and I see close to double the frames in the 777 and the ngx with this setting off. Also, anyone that has an FSDT product or any other that uses their addon manager (Which most do these days) has the capability to keep the lod setting they set without it being reset, when FSX settings are changed in the sim's GUI.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Hi folks, 

A little off-topic:

I've been using FPS limiter a little while now, but that CMD window gotten to my nerves now. Does anybody know a solution to completely hide that? I know I have something to speculate with fsx.exe.limited.bat. 

The command line looks like this: 

start E:\"Program Files\FPS Limiter\"FPS_Limiter.exe, /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Sorry if it's been asked already, and yes I did use google.

Thanks 

balan22

Edited by balan22

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

Hi folks, 

A little off-topic:

I've been using FPS limiter a little while now, but that CMD window gotten to my nerves now. Does anybody know a solution to completely hide that? I know I have something to speculate with fsx.exe.limited.bat. 

The command line looks like this: 

start E:\"Program Files\FPS Limiter\"FPS_Limiter.exe, /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Sorry if it's been asked already, and yes I did use google.

Thanks 

balan22

Don't use the FPS limiter. Use the FPS limiter in Nvidia Inspector set that to 30, then set VSYNC to 1/2 Refresh. Some say to set it to Adaptive VSYNC, I have mine set to Standard.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Don't use the FPS limiter. Use the FPS limiter in Nvidia Inspector set that to 30, then set VSYNC to 1/2 Refresh. Some say to set it to Adaptive VSYNC, I have mine set to Standard.

Is that REALLY limits your FPS? not like FPS limiter, anyway I always saw there were an option for that but never tried

BTW Thank you ;)

Balint Szarka

A lItte update to my FSX reconfiguering: I did make an fligh with the 777 today, all went well, frames were pretty good. Upon landing in San Diego I saw that all ai planes were sunken into the ground and nothing hardly flew arround. So I checked the net and apparently a Windows update did change the decimale setting from dot to comma. After changing that the ai is back to life. Maybe that problem did mess all up and thus I experienced that low frames in the 777 in the first test as I know I had pretty good frames in the NGX there and the 777 should be a bit lighter on frames (according to PMDG).

Hi everyone ,

This is not relating to other aircraft as asked by OP but

based on the tutorial setup I get on the ground 55fps in Male and about 35 fps in Dubai with unlimited fps set ( this is using for both airports the payware software mentioned in the tutorials) and with the usage of REX.

FSX Configuration is exactly as per PMDG guide and is running on a fresh FSX install and fresh install of Win 7 64 bit ultimate. Absolutely no FSX. Cfg tweak, apart from the ones mentioned in the PMDG guide.

My system is i7 4770 k at 4.3 ghz, 660 ti and 8 gb ram.

Have fun everyone

Anthony

WIN 11 - MSFS 2020 - X-plane 12

i7 13700KF - ZOTAC OC - RTX 4080 - 4K

Prior to PMDG's 777, I flew my 737NGX with an average FPS of 15-20.  After installing the 777, my FPS dropped to 5-8 FPS for both the T7 and 737NGX.  I've played around with the settings for days, carefully followed  Word Not Allowed's tweaking guide and read all the threads relating to performance issues.  I finally had some success last night after updating my Nvidia driver and creating a new Fsx.cfg with the 3 recommended tweaks. I'm seeing 8-12 FPS on average with the 777, but the 737NGX is a bit slower at around 8-10 FPS with default scenery and low to mid FSX settings.  My laptop is definitely sub-par, so I never expected much, but I was somewhat surprised at the decreased performance.   

Why would the 777 affect the 737NGX's performance?

KrisYYZ

Kristof Barocz
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

But did you set BOTH the standard PFD/ND and the pop-up PFD and ND to 15?

If you don't you won't see a difference.

I see no reason why we all shouldn't see an increase in frame rate compared to the NGX, as long as the other variables remain unchanged.

Yes sir. I have done that already but still don't see much difference.

Thanks

Swadeep

Prior to PMDG's 777, I flew my 737NGX with an average FPS of 15-20.  After installing the 777, my FPS dropped to 5-8 FPS for both the T7 and 737NGX.  I've played around with the settings for days, carefully followed  Word Not Allowed's tweaking guide and read all the threads relating to performance issues.  I finally had some success last night after updating my Nvidia driver and creating a new Fsx.cfg with the 3 recommended tweaks. I'm seeing 8-12 FPS on average with the 777, but the 737NGX is a bit slower at around 8-10 FPS with default scenery and low to mid FSX settings.  My laptop is definitely sub-par, so I never expected much, but I was somewhat surprised at the decreased performance.   

Why would the 777 affect the 737NGX's performance?

KrisYYZ

Mind sharing your fsx.cfg please? I have similar set ups to you except mine is Ivy Bridge 3770K o'c to 4.5ghz

Thanks

Swadeep

OK, guys, I can call my FPS problems fixed. As I wrote in an earlier post, some windowd update had changed the decimal setting from "." to "," and thus messing up everything. After changing that back and reverting to my old and trusted FSX.CFG I was using for ages, I now mostly  get 30 FPS with pretty high visuals and 40% ai traffic when sitting down at FSDT´s LAX in the 777.

Same here and this is the best IMO.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Same here and this is the best IMO.

Yep, I have to admit. FPS limiter was a cr @ p compared to Nvidia Inspector. Can keep 30FPS (if I even get), with FPS limiter always overshot that.

Balan22

Balint Szarka

Yep, I have to admit. FPS limiter was a cr @ p compared to Nvidia Inspector. Can keep 30FPS (if I even get), with FPS limiter always overshot that.

Balan22

FPS Limiter was all we had for quite some time until the external limiter appeared in Inspector.  Also, for best results (on either of my very different machines, old and new) I run fsx in UNLIMITED frame rate mode.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

FPS limiter was a cr @ p compared to Nvidia Inspector

One very useful trick FPS Limiter did was allow the user to adjust the frame lock on the fly.  It was possible w/ this approach to completely get rid of the at times herby-jerky behavior of road traffic.  I wish Inspector offered this!

Noel