Sign in to follow this  
Echo52

Where Is Your 777 Now?

Air Canada flight 15 CYYZ-VHHH. In Russian airspace over Siberia. 

0tKxI74.png

yusAS5V.png

DrzLPqb.png

v6yE3FV.png

Currently at FL360 en-route from Dubai to Washington Dulles, flight time is 15 hours today, just about 1 hour away from touch down, its been a loooooooong day! Pictures will be uploaded later once I have shut down the aircraft for the night! :smile:

I have actually done that flight in real life. A killer. I don't think my back has yet recovered. The thing that surprised me about the real flight was the great circle routing. I was expecting something a little more southerly, but passing through central Europe and then departing off the coast of Norway was a bit of a surprise. I guess I was expecting up through Italy, over London and then onward. Live and learn. What was your routing? 

I have actually done that flight in real life. A killer. I don't think my back has yet recovered. The thing that surprised me about the real flight was the great circle routing. I was expecting something a little more southerly, but passing through central Europe and then departing off the coast of Norway was a bit of a surprise. I guess I was expecting up through Italy, over London and then onward. Live and learn. What was your routing? 

I find any flight in real life over 12 hours enough, you just want to get off that tiny tin can and breath some fresh air!

My routing took me over Iran, over Turkey into central Europe, over Amsterdam - London - Manchester - Belfast then onto the North Atlantic and then onto Saint Pierre Canada, over Quebec - Boston and just a few miles from New York right now.

I find any flight in real life over 12 hours enough, you just want to get off that tiny tin can and breath some fresh air!

My routing took me over Iran, over Turkey into central Europe, over Amsterdam - London - Manchester - Belfast then onto the North Atlantic and then onto Saint Pierre Canada, over Quebec - Boston and just a few miles from New York right now.

The actual departure time for us was at 1 or 1:30 a.m. I had flown in from Muscat earlier that evening, and United didn't yet have its act together so there was a lot of too'ing and fro'ing around the terminal, and with that and an extended trip to the bar with my colleagues, when we were finally airborne the flight became shorter..  :rolleyes:

Being upgraded from Business to First didn't hurt either. But it was still a LONG flight. Total time from hotel to home was something like 24 hours, but that doesn't begin to compare to KCHO -> KIAD -> KLAX -> YSSY and then on to Canberra... from door to hotel pillow = 34+ hours. Total flight time; 1 + 5.5 + 14 + 1 = 21.5 or so. The rest of it spent in flipping airports...

The actual departure time for us was at 1 or 1:30 a.m. I had flown in from Muscat earlier that evening, and United didn't yet have its act together so there was a lot of too'ing and fro'ing around the terminal, and with that and an extended trip to the bar with my colleagues, when we were finally airborne the flight became shorter..  :rolleyes:

Being upgraded from Business to First didn't hurt either. But it was still a LONG flight. Total time from hotel to home was something like 24 hours, but that doesn't begin to compare to KCHO -> KIAD -> KLAX -> YSSY and then on to Canberra... from door to hotel pillow = 34+ hours. Total flight time; 1 + 5.5 + 14 + 1 = 21.5 or so. The rest of it spent in flipping airports...

Airports can be a right pain! Dubai Airport is a lot different to any other airport I would assume, Its a shame you didn't fly Emirates - now that would have been a first class upgrade to truly enjoy!

Airports can be a right pain! Dubai Airport is a lot different to any other airport I would assume, Its a shame you didn't fly Emirates - now that would have been a first class upgrade to truly enjoy!

I have flown Emirates throughout the MENA and to London. Excellent service and airline. I have also flown on Etihad and that too is an excellent airline. Looking forward to your images.

I have flown Emirates throughout the MENA and to London. Excellent service and airline. I have also flown on Etihad and that too is an excellent airline. Looking forward to your images.

Have you flown Qatar? There's a good chance I will be off to Bangalore India in September, cheapest flights are with Qatar through Doha.

Have you flown Qatar? There's a good chance I will be off to Bangalore India in September, cheapest flights are with Qatar through Doha.

I **think** I had a very long flight on Qatar... Dubai to Doha.... I think I slept through the entire flight.  :Big Grin:

I had a very long flight on Qatar... Dubai to Doha.... I think I slept through the entire flight.  :Big Grin:

:lol:

I thought I had a bad time doing PHX ---5h---> JFK ---6h ---> AMS ---4h---> ATH (14h + 6-7h layovers)

and then flying back ATH ---4h---> CDG ---12h---> LAX ---1h---> PHX (17h + 3-4h layovers)

I can't imagine flying to Australia!

Here they are! OMDB - KIAD Takeoff 14:00GMT arrival 04:00GMT 14 hours in total. 

Making the final preparations before departure from 30L 

1_zps9a2c9b1e.png

2_zps082f04c3.png

Beautiful view of Dubai! 

3_zps2f137426.png

4_zpsab466514.png

Thunderstorms over Ankara 

5_zps6218e4d9.png

Gorgeous aircraft!! 

6_zpsffc685a3.png

7_zps69782873.png

Just off the coast of Northern Ireland 

8_zps44c59feb.png

Sunset wing view 

9_zpsbdc86653.png

Some traffic heading out to Europe, just over Boston 

10_zps078a0c00.png

19C HYPER approach into Dulles 

11_zps6292a7c8.png

Final few feet 

12_zps6aeaf6fe.png

Unloading at Gate B14 

13_zpsd18acc3e.png

Just departed RPLL for Narita, Japan. DL172.

DALMNL_zps506e0fc7.png

DALMNL2_zpsc210c73c.png

DALMNL3_zps15510312.png

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

GTI121 taxis eastward towards the morning sun in Manila.  She'll soon reach FL360 on her way to a much colder Аэропорт Елизово (UHPP Yelizovo) nearly 3000NM away

gti121_zpsfb94a4ed.png

Gear up

gti121-1_zpsc6f72a56.png

The big GE90's shatter the morning silence

gti121-2_zpsa18fb19a.png

Sangley AFB in Cavite Province is visible below as the big Titan muscles along

gti121-3_zpse0a9759b.png

Yelizovo....welcome to IL-76 country

gti121-4_zpsd4a412c2.png

Flex galore...hey where's the palm trees :lol:

gti121-5_zps363b2471.png

Chris Sunseri