Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Texture load - VC to Spot View

Is anyone experiencing any texture load issues when switching from VC to the spot view? Half of the T7 is being totally black for me for a good 2-3 seconds before textures fully load.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Jacek G.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Hi!

I get this with my old rig. I am attributing it to old h/w not up to par with my settings and the complexity of modern add-ons. I can live with this BYMMV...

Cheers,

Thanks. I wasn't really worried, not a big deal for me personally, just thought I'd ask.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I'm having this issue as well, though it isn't an issue I've had with the NGX. I'll go back to the VC and it will take around 2-3 seconds for all the textures to load up.

when coming out of the cockpit to the spot view I get the skeleton issue briefly before it fills out.

Tim Carter

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

I don't have a top of the line box, just a standard first gen i7 rig with 8gigs of RAM and GeeForce 470. The T7 in general performs a lot better for me than the NGX, and I did not have any texture "issues" in the NGX as well.

Jacek G.

I see this, yes -- little tip: if you switch to the Cockpit View (the one that's just all sky, no cockpit.....) and THEN choose Spot to get to outside, the outside view will load faster, with little or sometimes no delay.

I also find for some reason that it's less of a memory issue if you use the Menu bar (alt-View) to choose Spot from VC and tends to transition more quickly, and smoothly.

I'm running REX with 4096 texture clouds, Water set to 2.x High, lots of traffic and ORBX PNW scenery, though - I7 system 16GB RAM etc.

Guest happy2

hi

i love the 777 but i do have a couple of straying things happening , :huh:

1. i also get the delay with texture loading when coming back from spot view to vc, also i am getting a bit more tearing with the 777 than i did with the 737.

2. if i scratch the paint eg throw the plane at the ground & not miss, or reverse into a hanger & the 777 crashes when the sim restarts the session i get a half black & half white screen & the only way back is to shut the sim down & restart from scratch. the latest thing is a completely greyed out vc again needing a reboot of the sim.

3. i don't know how but i managed to have all the menus text disappear, rebooted the sim again and its back ?

this plane will be my favourite when the guys fix it :Praying:

pc specs are

intel i7 3820 3.6gig

weston digital sata drive for os & media

60gb sata solid state drive just for fsx
asus sabertooth  tuff mother board
16 gig 1866 g.skill ripjaws-x
asus geforce gtx 680 with 2gig memory
licuid cooled cpu

120- 200mm fans
850w psu
dell 24" 16:10 monitor 60hz running at half refresh rate with fsx set to 30 fps
fsx
fsx acceleration with sp1 & 2
rex plus overdrive textures
pmdg j41 / ngx 737 / 747x / 777

i will keep looking for updates :Big Grin:

qf777 this forum request that you sign your posts.

The intro mentions that restarting fsx flights with same type aircraft will cause problems. It's a FSXism.

Texture load defintly depends on hardware, I see delays on any complex model. I can live with.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest happy2

hi

thanks for reply, restart problem is only with pmdg 777 no other planes

sorry about not signing  the post, i will need to find out how to post a sig

Thanks

sig sorted thanks

Don't assign any complex add on as the default aircraft. Your symptoms could be caused by FSX restarting after a crash because it is restarting with the same type aircraft. The intro talks about this and provides recommendations.

Dan Downs KCRP

The texture thing is just FSX - this is a 7 year old graphics engine and we're doing things with it that it was never meant to do. It's not going to be 100% perfect.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

qf777 this forum request that you sign your posts.The intro mentions that restarting fsx flights with same type aircraft will cause problems. It's a FSXism.Texture load defintly depends on hardware, I see delays on any complex model. I can live with.

Not just hardware but settings. I can set my Nvidia GTX680 one way, 16x Anisotropic, 8x Supersampling, FXAA on, etc. etc. and get very different results if I change any one of those things.

Or, I can leave the settings and get very different results flying KORD--KAUS on a clear day vs. KSEA-->KPDX at dusk with lots of clouds and wind over mountains during rush hour on that route.

Takes a lot of testing of any new addition to the hangar to find the sweet spots for it. And no two aircraft have the same requirements, even from the same dev.