Sign in to follow this  
archaic58

Buying the 777 as a gift for someone

Can anyone help me with the procedure to buy a product for someone else under their name without them knowing ahead of time.

Thanks

Don

I think you can just purchase it under their name.  There is no link between who you register the purchase for and how it gets paid.....I am guessing quite a number of the younger simmers are using the mom or dad's credit card or paypal account. 

Once paid, just send the download link (or maybe download for them and burn to a disk) as I am not sure the download link expires.  Then email them the registration code.  Done.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Yeah Mark has some good ideas. That's probably the way to go, or wait for the boxed version but that's no fun.

Contact PMDG Support and ask them. THey will do it for you

Alexis Mefano

Alexis' answer seems the best idea.

Burning onto a disk is a good idea, I'd also put the activation key as a text file onto the same disk, easier to copy-paste etc.

Okay I'm sorry, but I have to ask...

Who could you be giving this to? I mean I find it so impossible that someone knows someone else personally that likes flight simulation enough that they would give an FSX addon to them.

Who could you be giving this to? I mean I find it so impossible that someone knows someone else personally that likes flight simulation enough that they would give an FSX addon to them.

:lol:

One of my best friends I met through FS (VATSIM specifically) about 8 years ago 

In our case (the OP's case), a couple of us chipped in and gave it as a gift to one of my Executive Staff who couldn't pay the price for the 777. He has done a heck of a lot for us and we wanted to thank him... This was the coolest way we could come up with. Especially with him listening to about 9 of us talking about flying it every night on our teamspeak.  :lol:

So there are cases where it does work  :P

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo