Sign in to follow this  
777'all the way

777 strange lines

hi guys, do you know what this is?
im getting purple lines on my display,eg artificial horizon
Is it my PC or my copy of PMDG 777 
BTW im loving this bird

I guess you mean artefacts. You are not the only one having them. PMDG said it comes with the way they dim lights and screens. In the NGX you could slightly dim the screens and the artefacts went away. Unfortunately this is not the case with the 777 (at least not for me)...

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

I'm having the same issue, it can get pretty horrid looking especially at night. I have been fiddling with my driver setting etc but with no luck. Only thing that has helped is the above advice of disabling high resolution virtual cockpit in the FSX menu, however this means that many textures including the screens themselves are quite low quality and it is hard to decided which issue is worse.

I had/have this issue very slightly on the NGX but hardly noticeable, on the 777 it is very difficult to ignore..   

It would be great if PMDG gave some resolution options for the displays in the next update just so we can put the moire effect out of "phase" with the viewing position we use. 

I need a screenshot, bud. The link isn't working.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

10488320085_9ddb8ca303_o.jpg

10488504613_bf5d191bdd_o.jpg

10488331296_5f97efa7ba_o.jpg

10488321415_7194c39384_o.jpg

It looks worse at night but I think you can see the issue. Please don't mind the config of the aircraft, I was just messing around testing somethings.

Whats worse is the pattern moves all the time as the camera moves manually or dynamically so it's like it is dancing on the screens all the time.

Those purple lines are your flight director.  Notice in the top 3 pics, the FD is turned off, so the lines aren't there.  In the last pic the FD is on, so the lines are there.

You follow them in flight when flying manually.

Those purple lines are your flight director

Surely it  cant be this lol  :unsure:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

:lol:

Umm no...., clearly you guys are not seeing it.

Make the image larger (click on them) and look at all/any of the screens especially in the dark areas the issue should be clear.

edit: to make it clearer, zoomed in:

10489895453_c1c749cb59_o.jpg

See the blotches on the black? (they move and change shape constantly as the viewpoint moves). It may seem like I am nitpicking but it is clear and very distracting in flight.

what I have or had issues with is gamma. black textures have visible lines across them, and that is very very visible at night, had 331 version of nvida drivers, but rolled back to 327 and the issue is gone.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q