Sign in to follow this  
liketofly1

PMDG BOEING 777/200LR Weights

200LR - No aux tank -  768000 - 320825 = MZFW  447175 lbs

200LR - 1 aux tank      768000 - 333424 = MZFW  434576 lbs

200LR - 3 aux tank      768000 - 358508 = MZFW  407492 lbs

You are confusing Maximum Zero Fuel Weight. In your calculations, these numbers are the maximum weight the airplane can have if you intend to fuel them to the max.

The 3-aux version of the plane can have ZFW more than 407492 lbs if you don't max out the fuel like you do in your calculations.

Dear Fellow 777/200LR Captains,

I took my baby to a weighbridge today to find out the "exact" wheight for calculations and CDU imputs. Here are the results:

DOW 344.224 lbs

ZFW max. 460.924 lbs

Max Taxi max. 768.000 lbs (FCOMv1 Chapter L.10.2, Page 181)

MTOW max. 766.000 lbs (FCOMv1 Chapter L.10.2, Page 181)

Max Landing max. 492.000 lbs (FCOMv1 Chapter L.10.2, Page 181)

Fuel: max. 320.825 lbs

1AUX installed max. 333.424 lbs

3AUX installed max. 358.508 lbs

(DOW does not change with different installed options)

Bulk Cargo max. input 13.500 lbs warning at 8.999 lbs

FWD Cargo max. input 99.999 lbs warning at 67.499 lbs

AFT Cargo max. input 73.500 lbs warning at 48.999 lbs

Passenger: each 195 lbs (does not matter which category)

I hope to have helped some colegues with this info, which is useful for Addons like PFPX, TOPCAT, FSC and I'm shure a whole bunch of others.

This is very useful. Thanks! Now I can stop using the ZFW workaround in the FMS.

Why is PMDG using 195 lbs for passengers in the 777 and 185 lbs for pax in the NGX?

You can setup a airplane profile in PFPX but the pax weights are set in the options menu of the application itself. I know you can set a ZFW in the airplane and still match the weights given in PFPX, but why add 10 lbs?

It's quite simple. Rich people travel abroad more often than poor people. While abroad, rich people sit around and do nothing while eating yummy food. Hence rich people are fatter than poor people and, because they travel abroad more often, Boeing has assumed that 777 passengers will on average be fatter than 737 passengers. It's in the FCOM somewhere.

Thank you Richard.....I was trying to find the DOW at manuals and couldn't find it......I was too shy to ask :) 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

You are welcome, with FSFK its actually quite ease to get the exact weights of the aircraft.......

regards

• Upvote 1

How can I add the T7 profile to TOPCAT ?? if can help with a link I would be thankful :)

Alaa A. Riad

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Well, TOPCAT is a totally different thing, you will have to wait until Christian (TOPCAT Developer) will release the T7 Aircraft Files for TOPCAT.... and then you can use these weights (if there not in there already).....

regards

• Upvote 1

Well, TOPCAT is a totally different thing, you will have to wait until Christian (TOPCAT Developer) will release the T7 Aircraft Files for TOPCAT.... and then you can use these weights (if there not in there already).....

regards

Many thanks 

Alaa A. Riad

Bulk Cargo        max. input      13.500 lbs                 warning at       8.999 lbs

FWD Cargo       max. input      99.999 lbs                 warning at     67.499 lbs

AFT Cargo        max. input      73.500 lbs                 warning at     48.999 lbs

Passenger:      each    195 lbs (does not matter which category)

Are the weights mentioned above for the pax or freighter version? I am assuming in the PFPX under cargo capacity I should put the total of the weights above? And I am confused reading the thread, are the pax weight 195 or 185 on the 777?

Eric 

Are the weights mentioned above for the pax or freighter version? I am assuming in the PFPX under cargo capacity I should put the total of the weights above? And I am confused reading the thread, are the pax weight 195 or 185 on the 777?

Hi B777ER,

As mentioned above in my post.... its the 777-200LR (pax version).

I did not check about the 777-200since I normally don't fly it....

and Passenger weight in the 777-200LR is 195lbs each. (If you input x-number of pax via CDU). no matter in which "class" they are sitting. (sardienes class member weights are the same as business or first class weights).

regards

You are confusing Maximum Zero Fuel Weight. In your calculations, these numbers are the maximum weight the airplane can have if you intend to fuel them to the max.

The 3-aux version of the plane can have ZFW more than 407492 lbs if you don't max out the fuel like you do in your calculations.

I stand corrected.

I went into the FCOM on a real world 777-200LR and the max ZFW is 460,033...(209106kgs x 2.2 lbs).  The PMDG 777 FCOM states 461,000lbs.

The weights I was quoting previously were based on MTOW/Max fuel.  If you go to 460033 on ZFW, then you will be range limited due to the max structural takeoff weight of 766,000lbs.

For our purposes, I'd use the PMDG numbers and what is in the aircraft.cfg file, since those are the weights that are "in" the airplane.

Cheers,

Dave

As stated on the first page, the pax weight should be 195lbs. What about the baggage settings in PFPX? Should these also be set to a certain value or just set to zero?