Sign in to follow this  
JamesDinsdale

A/P Disconnect

Hi David. How can I assign that yoke A/P disconnect button to a button on my MS ForceFeedback2 button? All I can see are Key Command options only for a PC keyboard in the MCDU. This would make the landing procedures at roll-out so much easy. Thanks.

You need something to map your joystick buttons to key presses, like Joy2Key.

Personally, I use the mapper that's built into FSInn/FSCopilot (VATSIM pilot client).

I have changed this assignment to "Z" in the 777 FMC Options/Key Commands and then assigned a yoke button to "Z" in FSUIPC and it is working perfectly and has from day one.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Not working for me here. I've done the following:

1. Delete 'Z' default autopilot toggle mapping within FSX control menu.

2. Confirmed A/P Disconnect Button mapped to 'Ctrl+ Shift + Z' in PMDG key commands menu.

3. Mapped joystick button with 'Ctrl + Shift + Z' using FSUIPC.

4. Tried the "two-press" method at varying time intervals.

I was about to assign "Z" to the A/P disconnect (from what I gather, wanabflyer has done), but I chose a test to see if something was up...

5. Clicked on the yoke button in the VC with the mouse as per "two-press" method.

Nothing worked to silence the alarm.

I'm not starting in cold and dark - using a custom start up state. I don't think this would matter in the real aircraft? Correct me if I am wrong.

The development team (Mr. Maziarz) has posted the following under "not real issues" in the issue tracking thread:

Ref:  http://forum.avsim.net/topic/418750-pmdg-777-issue-tracking-thread/

"- Master warning siren/wailer doesn't turn off.

• This is a realistic feature that is an option on the airplane. Look for RESETTABLE SIREN in the EQUIPMENT section of the aircraft options in the FMC.
  • With respect to the autopilot disconnect form of this sound, it takes two presses of the AP disconnect button/key to silence it. The second press must come at least 1.5 seconds after the first. Again, accurate to the real world airplane."

At the risk of sounding like a heretic, I'm not so sure this is a non-issue anymore. Any help would be appreciated!

Troy K

There's an actual problem with something in the background where the wailer is not turning off (again, unrelated to the resettable wailer option).

To be clear, are you suggesting a problem with the aircraft configuration or the simulation of the wailer itself?

I have no cautions or warnings on the EICAS (aside from A/P disconnect) and all overhead indications are okay. I've tried disengaging in a variety of flight configurations. I don't see how the aeroplane would be upset in a straight and level clean configuration, 10000 MSL at 250 KIAS with no EICAS messages or other apparent issues...

Thanks for the post.

Troy K

To be clear, are you suggesting a problem with the aircraft configuration or the simulation of the wailer itself?

Option C: There's an error in the code, or individual installations.

(A bug that is outside the realm of the Resettable Wailer option, or proper operation of the AP DISCO switching)

Kyle Rodgers

I have to say that I am experiencing the very same issue. All the combo's and suggestions in this thread have been tried but the siren still kicks off after landing and turning off the runway and I cannot turn it off. I think the yellow caution light issue has been identified as an error that needs amending but this A/P issue is very annoying!

Otherwise this is a truly beautiful plane to fly.

JON GREEN

After consulting with the PMDG support team, I can report that this is indeed an issue likely associated to using a saved panel state.

A fix that worked for me is as follows:

1. Load one of the default T7 panel states, in my case '777 LONG', and set it to the default load-up state.

2. Restart FSX and ensure you are using the A/P Disconnect button to disengage the autopilot. Press it once to disengage, wait at least 1.5 seconds and then press it a second time to silence the wailer.

The A/P disconnect wailer cuts out appropriately after the second press. According the support team, there have been several issues observed with saved panel states, so I imagine this will be corrected at some point down the road.

For now though, this should do it.

<<UPDATE>>:  Just received an email from Mr. Paul Gollnick of tech support stating that these saved panel state issues have been corrected in the upcoming hotfix.

Troy K

Hello Troy

Big thank you for your input here but I am not sure how this will help me to shut off the siren after landing. Are you saying that, at this stage, it is best to avoid using a personalised saved panel state and use only one of the PMDG pre-configured states?

Kind regards

JON

Exactly sir. Avoid using a saved panel state, and use one of the PMDG pre-configured ones instead.

If you have been using a saved panel state, and you only tend to disengage the autopilot after landing, then I imagine you are having the very same problem as I did.

Troy K