Sign in to follow this  
MichaelMoe

You know the FSX issue with sound (engine) ? Q-twice

You just have the moment where there is no sound but your flight continues on un-interrupted.

I will be using that from now on ;)

Also, Could this be due to the fact that I am running audio via on-board sound? If I remember correctly, I never had this issue when i had my Sound Blaster card installed to take care of the sound processes. I am currently running everything on a laptop so I will observe this when I get around to building the desktop. 

Cheers,

Sante Sottile

Also, Could this be due to the fact that I am running audio via on-board sound?

I doubt it.  I run my sound thru my Sound Blaster card and it still happens for me.  I do believe I have the on-board sound disabled but it was so long ago that I built this computer that now I don't remember.  I guess I should check that as maybe that is a potential reason as to why this happens.  I'm pretty sure I have it disabled though.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

No, please, wait, stop!

The "fix" the OP was talking about, was a "fix" for a perceived Maddog specific problem.

I think you're right, I don't see any sound file repeats in the NGX's sound.cfg file, apart from the reverser sounds.

Yes sir.

I appreciate you looking into it!

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.