Sign in to follow this  
IFR7700

My Graphics Card is now a Minimum

Maybe a 780 depending on whether I think I can swing it, but probably not - it's almost double the price and certainly nowhere close to double the performance of the 770.
Ryan, are you thinking about a 770 4 Gb?  There are 5 770 4 Gb's whose specs differ mainly by core and boost clock, would there be a huge difference in FSX if I was to purchase the most expensive GPU with the highest rated clocks, and would it be worth it?

\Robert Hamlich/

By the end of the flight, nothing works.  EZCA doesn't move my views, the cursor randomly jumps to mouse yoke mode, the airplane jumps modes and malfunctions; it is a nightmare ... unflyable.

I also these kind of issues. EZCA stops responding, but works again after closing and restarting ECZA again. My ECZA camera occasionally moves a few centimeters back so that it is inside the seat and thereby causes unclickable clickspots(need to move the camera forward again). The T7 instajumps 200 feet due to what I think is Opus windshifts. I get he jumpy views each time ECZA stops working, but everything is fine again after restarting ECZA.

Tom, I think we may have similar issues.  It might be EZCA.  But everyone has EZCA and I don't see massive complaining.  This FSUIPC issue has hope.  I don't have any problems on three hour flights with the NGX.

I have also been having the same issues with EZdok not responding a few times after long flights, although I haven't had any other anomalies like the jumping, graphic distortion, OOM's (not even a warning chime from FSUIPC).

Basically my issue with Ezdok is that I have one button on my X52 throttle that is set for the "pilots eyes" VC view and is set to PTP, another view for the overhead that is assigned to another X52 throttle button, and one last view that is assigned to the exterior of the a/c via another throttle button. 

What happens on my end is that a few times after a long flight I may hit the button for the overhead to click a switch but then when I click the other button to return to my main VC view it wont respond, but my other two view buttons for the overhead and exterior continue to work. I can still pan around and move side to side and up and down using the two hat switches on the stick, but can never get my button to go back to the main VC view.

On top of that, if i go into windowed mode and check the view assignments, the same button for the main VC view suddenly isn't even recognized by Ezdok if i try to reset it, however if i quit the flight and go into the FSX controls menu, the same button that quit working is suddenly working again.

Never had this happen on the NGX. Not saying that its any fault of the T7, but never experienced this before in the NGX even on long 6 hour flights. I am running FSUIPC v 4.907 so maybe an update to the latest module and a fresh rewrite of the FSUIPC.ini will fix it.

Dennis, has the new FSUIPC module completely cleared your EZdok issue after that one flight?

BTW, the specs in my sig are not current, so any suggestions cant be made using the older hardware listed. I am using more up to date hardware on the new rig, just haven't updated my "computer" section yet.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I have also been having the same issues with EZdok not responding a few times after long flights, although I haven't had any other anomalies like the jumping, graphic distortion, OOM's (not even a warning chime from FSUIPC).

Basically my issue with Ezdok is that I have one button on my X52 throttle that is set for the "pilots eyes" VC view and is set to PTP, another view for the overhead that is assigned to another X52 throttle button, and one last view that is assigned to the exterior of the a/c via another throttle button. 

What happens on my end is that a few times after a long flight I may hit the button for the overhead to click a switch but then when I click the other button to return to my main VC view it wont respond, but my other two view buttons for the overhead and exterior continue to work. I can still pan around and move side to side and up and down using the two hat switches on the stick, but can never get my button to go back to the main VC view.

On top of that, if i go into windowed mode and check the view assignments, the same button for the main VC view suddenly isn't even recognized by Ezdok if i try to reset it, however if i quit the flight and go into the FSX controls menu, the same button that quit working is suddenly working again.

Never had this happen on the NGX. Not saying that its any fault of the T7, but never experienced this before in the NGX even on long 6 hour flights. I am running FSUIPC v 4.907 so maybe an update to the latest module and a fresh rewrite of the FSUIPC.ini will fix it.

Dennis, has the new FSUIPC module completely cleared your EZdok issue after that one flight?

BTW, the specs in my sig are not current, so any suggestions cant be made using the older hardware listed. I am using more up to date hardware on the new rig, just haven't updated my "computer" section yet.

Sean Campbell

Hi Sean,

Yes it seems to have cleared all the problems.  Go figure.  Very occasionally, I have to hit my hat switch twice or three times to get the view to change, but I think it's a hardware problem, as it's always the same position on my switch.  However, it does always work after one or two clicks.  I've never had to go back into FSX to fix it.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Dennis, I'm seriously thinking of buying that EZDOK to stop this 'A' key recycling of views. Using my MS ForceFEedback2, am I likely to have issues with the T7? And how difficult is it to map that joystick to EZDOK?