Sign in to follow this  
KSATRoadWarrior

Cessna Unveils Military Jet

That would make a great Trainer jet. Most likely they will target nations with smaller military budgets.

New Zealand is a nation without fighter jets as most of the spending goes towards the Army, Navy and Helicopter roles. Air Force is a more supportive role then a combat role. Would be cool to see some of those come here.

Matthew Kane

That would make a great Trainer jet. Most likely they will target nations with smaller military budgets.

New Zealand is a nation without fighter jets as most of the spending goes towards the Army, Navy and Helicopter roles. Air Force is a more supportive role then a combat role. Would be cool to see some of those come here.

It's not just meant as a trainer, but also as a cost effective close air support plane. You don't need to be able to do Mach 2 for the kind of fighting seen in Iraq and Afghanistan.

looks similar to F14!! 

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

looks similar to F14!! 

I was thinking the lovechild of an F14 and an Alphajet. Or hatechild...

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I find it disturbing a long time civilian aircraft manufacture has to enter the worlds arms race. I suppose Beechcraft will follow. More killing machines.

I find it disturbing a long time civilian aircraft manufacture has to enter the worlds arms race. I suppose Beechcraft will follow. More killing machines.

I'd advise you not to look up the HawkerBeechcraft AT-6 then ;).

It's hardly Cessna's first military aircraft either. In the 1960ies they built the A-37 Dragonfly (roughly the same type of role as the Scorpion) and there were armed versions of the C337 Skymaster (if I got the number right, the in-line twin engined one anyway).

It's hardly Cessna's first military aircraft either. In the 1960ies they built the A-37 Dragonfly (roughly the same type of role as the Scorpion) and there were armed versions of the C337 Skymaster (if I got the number right, the in-line twin engined one anyway).

You are correct!!!!  

http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~tpilsch/AirOps/O2.html

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD