Sign in to follow this  
ysfsim

Main gear steering

Has anyone noticed that there is a steering mechanism on the t7 main gear? It turns the last pair in the bogie. I have never noticed it move in real life.

yes

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

And that is modeled exactly on our 777. If you look at it closely, you'll see the steering actuator move along with the rear axle. Aft wheels turn up to 8 degrees +/- with the steering tiller. Full tiller deflection, the rear wheels deflect to their maximum.

Anyhow, its all modeled there on our 777, steering actuators and all....

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

good to know. That explains why I get a lot more steer than normal when I put the tiller to the max.

good to know. That explains why I get a lot more steer than normal when I put the tiller to the max.

Well, you're also getting more steering than normal because you put the tiller to the max.

Well, you're also getting more steering than normal because you put the tiller to the max.

What i mean is that some models will have you still not turning sharply with full tiller. It is especially apparent  because of fsx poor ground contact model.

Hi Jason

just wondered as a fellow modeller who did what ei vc mdl /exterior mdl on the 777 between you and Vin? because the accuracy and detailing is excellent for both and some really nice touches that deserve some praise here not only on the detailing but also the dimensional accuracy particularly in the vc which is so often not quite right in many many pay addons . The 777 is even in another league compered to the ngx as stunning as it is on this front..you have really got it right this time!

cheers...........

kav

I am having problems using the tiller.

Pointing my mouse at the tiller shaft shows only the normal arrow, not a hand. Looking in the Introduction manual there is no mention of 'tiller'. None of the EICAS PMDG SETUP options mention the tiller.

What do I have to do to use the tiller?

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

I am having problems using the tiller.

Pointing my mouse at the tiller shaft shows only the normal arrow, not a hand. Looking in the Introduction manual there is no mention of 'tiller'. None of the EICAS PMDG SETUP options mention the tiller.

What do I have to do to use the tiller?

The tiller (In the PMDG 777X) is connected to rudder deflection on the ground, for convenience sake. I.e If you use rudder on the ground (speeds permitting), you're actually using the tiller. 

You may wonder if this is going to give you full 70 degrees left/ right deflection, yes it will. If you hold the rudder in the direction of turn long enough the tiller will continue rotating until the nose gear arrives at 70 degrees, if your speed permits.

I think this feature gets correctly deactivated at higher speeds like 40 and above knots, where rudder deflection becomes effective. 

The tiller is also connected to the main gear, so you'll get the results discussed above. 

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Many thanks for your quick response, Jamalje.

Cheers, R

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx