Sign in to follow this  
Artem Crum

LINDA support for Saitek panels!

Hello

I have the same problem with my Radio panel and my Multi panel.

When I switch with rotary button (com1, com2,...) I have always "com1" frequency.

I use : p3d v3.4, Linda 2.8.8 and A2A 172

An idea ? Thanks

:smile:

Hi guys,

I'm running FSX SE with registered FSUIPC 4.959 and I have just added Saiteks' SP, RP and MP to the collection.

I have just uninstalled SPAD and SPAD.NEXT. I have never used the supplied Saitek drivers from either the CDrom or the support site. I have rebooted the PC.

Then I deleted the Modules folder and replaced it with a fresh folder from the latest Linda download. I copied the SP MP and RP assignments from the Saitek LUA into the default FSX LUA.

When I launch the default C172 the SP is working perfect

The RP however keeps giving me a headache...the top inner rotary frequency selector only DECREASES the frequency. FSX Default is synced and the RP joysticks assignments are all green with the respective selection number 17 showing the correct SAI RADIO1 kHz inc. It is not a faulty knob as I have checked the proper operation using SPAD before.

Linda Summary page shows the green Everything is ok! In the Setup LINDA page I have unticked Saitek Panels, and have ticked all LINDA Advance settings but left the bottom selection to Off

PS: On the MP when I tried to decrease the HDG using the inner rotary, the HDG would INCREASE. This I was able to solve by assigning number 7 to SAI MULTI value dec from the original SAI MULTI decrease value. A similar solution does not work on the RP unfortunately.

Any suggestions are VERY welcome! 

Hello.

I recently bought a Saitek Switch Panel for my home cockpit and I have a problem with LINDA 😞 One day, I was able to configure the Saitek Switch Panel for all my favorite aircraft (A2A C182, A2A Bonanza, A2A Comanche, PMDG 737 and ... FSX / P3D Default Maule M7) and it worked great! But these were tests of the Switch Panel itself in P3D with only a pluged mouse and keyboard. Nothing more. The next day I plugged the Saitek Yoke + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Throttle Qaudrant USB, Saitek Rudder Pedals. And the Saitek Switch Panel has stopped working: (P3D and LINDA are completely unresponsive to the buttons and on the Saitek Switch Panel, only the red and green LEDs flash alternately.

I do that:

1. I plug the Saitek Switch Panel, turn on LINDA, turn on P3D and the Switch Panel works as configured (but only sometimes).

2. Then I plug in the Saitek Yoke, LINDA sees the yoke but does not respond to the buttons. P3D too. None of the configured aircraft..

3. I plug in the Saitek Throttle Quadrant USB, LINDA sees the device but does not respond to the buttons. P3D too.

4. I plug the Saitek Rudder Pedals via USB, LINDA cannot see the pedals (and probably will not see because they are axles?)

5. The Saitek Switch Panel works only when it is pluged alone, and not always. After attaching anything else from Saitek, the Switch Panel stops working, even though LINDA has a profile still visible and loaded!

This is not the fault of the USB ports, because I swapped them places and the Switch Panel works in LINDA only when it is pluged alone. Saitek Yoke and Throttle Quadrant did not work even when plugged by themselves, even if LINDA detects them (see the note at the end).

However, everything works fine in SPAD (Saitek Panel Advanced Drivers) software. The Yoke, 2 x Throttle, Pedals and Switch Panel work fine. So it's not a hardware problem with Saitek's devices or the computer, but something wrong with LINDA/FSUIPC?

I use SPAD 14-day trial version for tests and I cannot assign all functions of interest to me in A2A and PMDG airplanes, and in LINDA I was able to assigned them and everything works great with the Saitek Switch Panel, but only when it is connected as the only one 😞

Therefore, I would prefer FSUIPC + LINDA since I already have a registered version and every switch is configured as I want, rather than spending additional money on SPAD which does what LINDA would do if it detected devices correctly.

In an act of despair, I removed LINDA completely and decided to reconfigure everything. I deleted the files described in the manual, copied them again from the zip and this time I pluged the Saitek Yoke + 2 x Saitek Throttle Quadrant first and LINDA correctly recognized their buttons! BUT, when I additionally pluged the Saitek Switch Panel, it appeared in LINDA but it does not work and the buttons on the yoke and quadrant throttles that worked a moment ago stopped working also!

I even restarted my computer and now LINDA doesn't even detect a single Saitek Switch Panel, while in the trial version of SPAD everything still works.

Again, I would prefer FSUIPC + LINDA since I already have a registered version and every switch is configured as I want, rather than spending additional money on SPAD which does what LINDA would do if it detected devices correctly.

What am I doing wrong? 😞 My system is Windows 7 x64, so it is also not a problem with energy saving in USB ports. LINDA 3.1.1 for P3D 64-bit, FSUIPC 5.157, Prepar3D v4.5 HF3.

Edited by 737NGfun

I deleted fsuipc5.ini, then re-created after running P3D and all Saitek devices have started operating at LINDA since then 🙂 I've been flying for an hour and so far it works. I hope it will continue to work when I set all the options in FSUIPC before it was removed.