Sign in to follow this  
Artem Crum

LINDA support for Saitek panels!

Hello Saitek funs and users!

There where many requests about LINDA to support Saitek Pro Flight panels. The first step is accomplished - Saitek Pro Flight Switch panel is now fully supported. You can assign anything you need to every switch on the panel. Gears state indication is also avialable.

Actually this was not too hard. Next day I've got the panel it was already working with LINDA.

Other Saitek panels could be supported also, but as usual I need my hands on them to make them work. I don't need them myself, as I'm using VRi MCP Combo for most operations, so I'm not going to buy other Saitek devices myself. But if anyone and/or Saitek want and could sponsor this development, this will be done as soon, as I'll get the hardware, And as usual with all the flexibility LINDA offers.

Saitek Gauges panels are special case - I'm not sure yet, if I could make them work with LINDA.

Latest release and common information about LINDA is here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/338310-linda-v113-released/

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

Great news,

as my girl bought me a switch panel and the BIP panel as an early birthday present.

im hoping the BIP is supported soon as wel.

keep up the good work,its much apreciated

Marco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Quote from one of the users regarding other Saitek panels:

I have the Saitek switch, radio, and autopilot panels.  All of them showed up and all switches and rotaries are seen and programmable.   Great job.

However don't expect LINDA will control those panels displays. You will still have to use SPAD or original Saitek driver for that.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

Hi Artem!

Just to say a huge thank you for adding support for the Saitek Pro Switch Panel!   ^_^

The release of the v0.5 module for the PMDG 777 prompted me to try some assignments using the unit, and it works perfectly. (You can see a few details in this post: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/418643-pmdg-777-module-version-05/page-3#entry2843450 ).

LINDA just keeps getting better and better!   :biggrin:

Best wishes,

Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

LINDA is fantastic.

I am running FSX on Win 7x64 and I pretty much fly the Level-D 767.

I have the Saitek Multi Panel, Swtich and Radio.

A few problems I am unable to overcome while using LINDA....

1. Without simultaneously running SPAD, the display numbers wont work. 

2. How do I get the the Altitude to adjust when I turn to the altitude setting and then, say. switch to Vertical Speed and have the dial adjust vertical speed setting? It seems I am limited to having the rotate knob only change one of these settings.

3. Altitude, IAS, VS and Heading... what ever I choose, numbers will not display the corresponding number with the Level-D aircraft. Say my Aircraft Altitude is set through the Aircraft console (not the panel) to 24000... the saitek panel will not reflect the changes. 

These issues, while minor, would really add a better level of sim experience if they could be corrected. 

Any thoughts?

Hi there,

I have just discovered Linda and it looks to be a great product. Unfortunately it seems that I am not clever enough to understand it.  I have the Saitek Switch Panel and a Digital Aviation Piper Cheyenne. Now I would like to  assign the Avionics Master Switch of the Cheyenne to the Avionics Master Button of the Panel. Since it is not an FSX command I had to go via the Tracer and did find the correct variable. And that was all. I can assign another FSX-command via the Linda Editor but never made it to assigning the Cheyenne-command (PA31MasterAvionics). I have read so much about Linda and Lua today that I really do not know how to continue. Anybody, who can help me?

Thanks a lot

Karsten

Hello Karsten,

seems you have to create your own module for the Cheyenne with LUA variables as obvisously not all functions are covered by the default FSX commands.

There are in the FAQ some links to threads which describe how to gather and make a module, hope that helps.

I'm in holiday now for a week.

If you have no success, please open a new thread in the LINDA support froum with your problem in a week. I try to help then after my return.

Schönes Wochenende,

Günter

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Günter,

I hope that you had a nice holiday. In the meantime I have opened a thread in the support forum but so far no views and no replies. If you could help me just with the syntax than I would probably be able to write all other functions which I need myself.

Regards

Karsten

LINDA is fantastic.

I am running FSX on Win 7x64 and I pretty much fly the Level-D 767.

I have the Saitek Multi Panel, Swtich and Radio.

A few problems I am unable to overcome while using LINDA....

1. Without simultaneously running SPAD, the display numbers wont work. 

2. How do I get the the Altitude to adjust when I turn to the altitude setting and then, say. switch to Vertical Speed and have the dial adjust vertical speed setting? It seems I am limited to having the rotate knob only change one of these settings.

3. Altitude, IAS, VS and Heading... what ever I choose, numbers will not display the corresponding number with the Level-D aircraft. Say my Aircraft Altitude is set through the Aircraft console (not the panel) to 24000... the saitek panel will not reflect the changes. 

These issues, while minor, would really add a better level of sim experience if they could be corrected. 

Any thoughts?

Me too I have same problem exactly like what Dave Steele wrote above, So any help pls?

Hi Flysimoo

LINDA is only compatible with the Saitek Switch Panel at the moment. However, we are hoping to address this shortly. Keep watching this space.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi There

I seem to not be able to find anything that answers the problem of having to run SPAD to enable the display

At this stage I use a hybrid of FSUIPC, SPAD & LINDA

Not overly impressed with LINDA

Find it very complicated even after reading brian 747's document & the manual several times

I am not a computer expert

Regards

Hans

Hi There

I seem to not be able to find anything that answers the problem of having to run SPAD to enable the display

At this stage I use a hybrid of FSUIPC, SPAD & LINDA

Not overly impressed with LINDA

Find it very complicated even after reading brian 747's document & the manual several times

I am not a computer expert

Regards

Hans

Hi Hans

I am sorry to hear that you think LINDA is complicated. Compared to FSUIPC4 it is considerably easier to assign a wide range of functions specific to the various aircraft you fly without any computer knowledge.  There is now some support for Saitek panels and replace SPAD.  If I can get my hands on the Saitek radio and multi panels I hope to take this further.

If you have specific issues with LINDA then this forum is where we will try to answer them for you.  LINDA 2.6.4 with some fixes was issued today.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

This is my first experience with LINDA. Simply outstanding.

This is my first experience with LINDA. Simply outstanding.

Welcome to LINDA. I hope it improves your flying experience.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK