Sign in to follow this  
Artem Crum

LINDA support for Saitek panels!

A while ago a friend tried to show me how to make the FSX Majestic Q400 (Pilot Edition) radios work with the Saitek Radio panel using LINDA but it did not work.  I have tried using SPAD but this did not work either.

Can you please tell me if this has now been fixed? 

I find that trying to tune the radios on screen whilst using TrackIR very difficult because I can't keep my head still, which is very frustrating.  For this reason I am hoping that LINDA will allow me to use the Saitek panel. 

Any advice would be really appreciated,

Thank you,

Tregarth

Is the new version in Linda allow to replicate Spad very useful long push on buttons to trigger a second commands? For instance, I'm using Spad long push on the radio panel switch frequency button to trigger the audio for vor, ils or ndb?

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Is the new version in Linda allow to replicate Spad very useful long push on buttons to trigger a second commands? For instance, I'm using Spad long push on the radio panel switch frequency button to trigger the audio for vor, ils or ndb?

LINDA only treats the Saitek buttons as simple button presses and does not differentiate between short and long presses. LINDA does provide local and global shift option to add a second or third function for each button.

Please note that the LINDA Saitek implementation only works with aircraft add ons that use the default FSX interface.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi all, I'm new on Linda and I've some problem using Linda and my Saitek Radio Panel.
This radio panel is listed in the "Joystic/HID devices" Linda's  list.
I ask you how can I instruct Linda to not take in account the radio panel . So I'll be able to use SPAD for this panel.
Otherway if I try to activate Spad nothing of the radio panel goes well.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Claudio

Claudio Piccirilli - member since 2013

I have been looking more closely at the Dash 8 and Saitek Radio panel.  I cannot make the Saitek panel write to the Saitek panel, BUT the Dash 8 radio immediately changes the Saitek panel values when the frequencies are changed in the Dash 8 on screen radios.

So, if the Dash 8 radios are talking to the Saitek Radio panel I do not understand why the Saitek panel cannot talk to the Dash 8 panel.  I have no problem say, setting up the Saitek frequencies, clicking the [-] on the Dash 8 radio to make that standby radio become active but I cannot see how to transfer the Saitek values to the Dash 8.

I have posted this on the Majestic support forum to see if someone has any ideas.

Tregarth

I have been looking more closely at the Dash 8 and Saitek Radio panel.  I cannot make the Saitek panel write to the Saitek panel, BUT the Dash 8 radio immediately changes the Saitek panel values when the frequencies are changed in the Dash 8 on screen radios.

So, if the Dash 8 radios are talking to the Saitek Radio panel I do not understand why the Saitek panel cannot talk to the Dash 8 panel.  I have no problem say, setting up the Saitek frequencies, clicking the [-] on the Dash 8 radio to make that standby radio become active but I cannot see how to transfer the Saitek values to the Dash 8.

I have posted this on the Majestic support forum to see if someone has any ideas.

Tregarth

I too do not understand why it is not possible to update the Q400 radios from the FSX standard radio functions. Like many aircraft add-ons Majestic use their own SDK interface and theirs is more difficult to exploit than others. I have done some investigation on controlling the Q400 radios using LINDA but all attempts so far have defeated me. I offer no forecast on being able to provide any solution.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

INFORMATION FOR LINDA AND SAITEK SWITCH PANEL USERS

During recent testing I have uncovered an anomaly that was shutting down all systems and engines when I when using the Saitek Switch Panel Landing Gear lever.

The reason is that I had not operated any of the Switch Panels switches prior to moving the Landing Gear lever. The cause is that on the first switch activation LINDA reads and actions all the panel switch settings. If they are in the off position (especially the engine knob) these systems will shutdown. This can be very embarrassing if you crash on VATSIM just after take off with all engines flamed out. 

My Tip is to operate a single switch on the Switch Panel after LINDA has fully started.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi there,

I just released some new version of my Passerelle module for Lua and was curious to know what Lua version is embedded in LINDA?

For those who don't already know (most of people in the world :)) Passerelle is a module for Lua that let you control your Saitek FIP and X52Pro screen and buttons. You can for instance stream (with the current preview) a instrument window content to your Flight Panel Instrument.

More info here:

http://www.passerelle.io/

https://github.com/chrilith/Passerelle/wiki

Thanks!

Hi there,

I just released some new version of my Passerelle module for Lua and was curious to know what Lua version is embedded in LINDA?

For those who don't already know (most of people in the world :)) Passerelle is a module for Lua that let you control your Saitek FIP and X52Pro screen and buttons. You can for instance stream (with the current preview) a instrument window content to your Flight Panel Instrument.

More info here:

http://www.passerelle.io/

https://github.com/chrilith/Passerelle/wiki

Thanks!

Hi chrilith

Welcome to the LINDA forum. LINDA uses LAU 5.1. I am aware that there are newer versions but I have not found a simple way to download a ready for use version.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

OK, perfect then. 5.1 is one of the most used version. It is also the same version as in FSUIPC or DCS Series.

I'll look into LINDA then when I find time to see what can be done with my module.

Thanks!

Hi there,  I have been using Linda for around a month, experiemnting a little more each time.  Absolutely love it! I have mapped a Razer Nostromo to operate all the buttons on the GPS, got all the switched set up on my Saitek multi panel and throttles to correspond to A2A's Commanche....(lots of sticky labels used all over my hardware!!! ;)) On issue I seem to have come across is the rotary know on the multi panel, regardless of what mode I select, CRS, HDG etc, it increments at a horribly slow rate! To the point where I have to abandon the panel an use the VC  to mouse select.  Have I missed something in the setup?

Thanks,

Kris

Hi there,  I have been using Linda for around a month, experiemnting a little more each time.  Absolutely love it! I have mapped a Razer Nostromo to operate all the buttons on the GPS, got all the switched set up on my Saitek multi panel and throttles to correspond to A2A's Commanche....(lots of sticky labels used all over my hardware!!! ;)) On issue I seem to have come across is the rotary know on the multi panel, regardless of what mode I select, CRS, HDG etc, it increments at a horribly slow rate! To the point where I have to abandon the panel an use the VC  to mouse select.  Have I missed something in the setup?

Thanks,

Kris

Hi Kris, welcome to LINDA. I am pleased to hear you like it. There are issues with the speed of knobs which I will be addressing. Check out the latest version 2.6.8 which has some improvements with the Saitek panels including the ability to disable/enable them.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Just getting started with LINDA (which I love - I can program some of my GF-modules!), I was a GF user but my the MCP-Pro keeps locking up so I just purchased the Saitek Multi Panel.  I've got some question on setting it up.  First off, should I have the values displayed on the device; (2) Do I need to use a Shift mode for the AP (Heading then rotate to change that value)?

Any help would be welcome.  I am using it with the usual set of addons, PMDG 737/777; A2A, Aerosoft AirbusX.

Thanks

Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

Just getting started with LINDA (which I love - I can program some of my GF-modules!), I was a GF user but my the MCP-Pro keeps locking up so I just purchased the Saitek Multi Panel.  I've got some question on setting it up.  First off, should I have the values displayed on the device; (2) Do I need to use a Shift mode for the AP (Heading then rotate to change that value)?

Any help would be welcome.  I am using it with the usual set of addons, PMDG 737/777; A2A, Aerosoft AirbusX.

Thanks

Kevin

Hi Kevin

Yes, LINDA should be displaying data on the Saitek Multi Panel.  You should ensure it is connect directly to a PC USB port due to the current drawn; some USB hubs cannot supply enough amps. On the Setup LINDA page ensure Saitek checkbox is un-ticked. This ensures that the LINDA LUA code is driving the panel and not the GUI code. 

There is no need for any shift assignments for LINDA unless you are using GLOBAL shift across your devices. You do need to locate the file config-hid-saitek.lua (in \modules\linda-cfg\aircraft\FSX Default\ and copy the Multi Panel block (below) in the FSX Default config-hid.lua file. This ensures that the base functions are available to all aircraft. If you are using the GLOBAL shift functions you need to use the Copy function to copy these to the ShiftedOne and ShiftedTwo blocks.

-- ## Multi Panel ## (06A30D060) ##############

JSTK["06A30D060"][1]="SAI_MULTI_MODE_alt"
JSTK["06A30D060"][2]="SAI_MULTI_MODE_vs"
JSTK["06A30D060"][3]="SAI_MULTI_MODE_ias"
JSTK["06A30D060"][4]="SAI_MULTI_MODE_hdg"
JSTK["06A30D060"][5]="SAI_MULTI_MODE_crs"
JSTK["06A30D060"][6]="SAI_MULTI_increase_value"
JSTK["06A30D060"][7]="SAI_MULTI_decrease_value"
JSTK["06A30D060"][8]="Autopilot_MASTER_toggle"
JSTK["06A30D060"][9]="Autopilot_HDG_hold"
JSTK["06A30D060"][10]="Autopilot_NAV_hold"
JSTK["06A30D060"][11]="Autopilot_AIRSPEED_hold"
JSTK["06A30D060"][12]="Autopilot_ALT_hold"
JSTK["06A30D060"][13]="Autopilot_VS_hold"
JSTK["06A30D060"][14]="Autopilot_APR_hold"
JSTK["06A30D060"][15]="Autopilot_LOC_hold"
JSTK["06A30D060"][16]="Autopilot_ATHR_arm"
JSTKrl["06A30D060"][16]="Autopilot_ATHR_disarm"
JSTK["06A30D060"][17]="Flaps_decr"
JSTK["06A30D060"][18]="Flaps_incr"
JSTK["06A30D060"][19]="Elevator_Trim_dn"
JSTKrp["06A30D060"][19]="Elevator_Trim_dnfast"
JSTK["06A30D060"][20]="Elevator_Trim_up"
JSTKrp["06A30D060"][20]="Elevator_Trim_upfast"

Test the set up with a FSX Default aircraft like the Cessna C172. Due to the way some of the move sophisticated aircraft like the PDMG 737 and Aerosoft Airbus work, there is no guarantee that the Multi Panel will work as is. You may need to assign the appropriate AP functions for each aircraft. These assignments will override the base functions in the default aircraft file.

This should get you going.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK