Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

VRInsight Boeing MCP Add-on compatibility

Hello, 

I'm considering purchasing the VRInsight Boeing MCP. Before taking the plunge and buying it, I'd like to ask some current owners of the device if the following aircraft work:

PMDG 777, 747, 737NGX

Level D 767

PMDG MD-11, J41

FSLabs Concorde 

Aerosoft Airbus extended

CS 707, 727

Majestic Q400

Realair Dukes

Thank you very much in advance. :smile:

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Have you taken a look at cp flight MCP? They are also more authentic looking.

Works fine with the NGX, ifly 737

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

I've got the original VRi MCP, I believe there is some slight differences in functionality with the newer MCP 2 Boeing model, but I used it with:

Level D 767

CS 707, 727

Majestic Q400

Realair Dukes

I got full functionality with Level D, functionality with the other aircraft varies, depending on how the publishers coded their knobs and switches, if they used traditional FSX coding most things worked as expected, but for example in CS 707/727 (I can't remember which one) the Capt hdg bug wouldn' work.

I've just been on the VRi forum - well worth a visit - here:

http://vrinsight.com/phpBB3_en/index.php

Go to :

Ask Questions About VRi Hardware in here please:

Then each VRi product is tabulated. But PMDG 737 is fully supported by the MCP2.

I think the MCP is a great product, it works "out the box" with virtually every stock or payware aircraft going, and will always do the basics like hdg bug (Cs excepted!)/altimeter subscale (1 press of the baro knob auto sets the local QNH), usually will set the autopilot altitude, course bar, and of course it has a built in nav1-2/coms1-2/adf1-2/transponder/dme 1-2

section, it's a flightsim "swiss army knife". It does so much more than just act as an MCP. And all in a reasonably sizes footprint, and ergonomically stationed directly in front of you.

If you're prepared to dabble in "LINDA", the options are also increased.

If you've any questions, the VRi forum moderator Andydigital is extremely knowledgeable about the products, but most of your questions will have been answered already on the forum.

Eugene

• Upvote 1

I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANOTHER VRINSIGHT PRODUCT AS LONG AS I LIVE! I have been without my Boeing MCP now for almost two and a half months. The first four weeks was trying to deal with the company I bought it from, Proviation and another two weeks trying to get a successful response from VRinsight. I would strongly urge anyone who is considering buying anything from Proviation, not to do so. Despite an email, two phone calls and an online support message, I got zero replies from them. This has not been my only dealing with them either. In the past they have been equally useless.The past five weeks the MCP has been in the hands of VRinsight in Belgium and despite a letter of complaint regarding their lack of after sales support, they seem content in being as unhelpful as they can. The help I did receive was from Sarah at The Flightstore, who was extremely helpful in sending the unit away for either repair or replacement. She is now in the process of trying to get the unit returned to me! VRinsight have been the worst company I have ever had to deal with. I had a switch and toggle panel last year that went duff after a couple of months, I waited six weeks before having it replaced. The same problem has arisen again with the replacement unit. As for the MCP unit, it is only 10 months old and has a so-called two year guarantee. The unit is a wonderful bit of kit and when it works it works well, but I would suggest you consider the value of good after sales support when spending such a large amount of money. In my case the unit was more than £400, so I would suggest potential customers go carefully.

• Upvote 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANOTHER VRINSIGHT PRODUCT AS LONG AS I LIVE! I

oh no, that doesn't make me happy. Mine was starting to smell and smoke last week ... wrote a mail to the support with one reply but since no further reaction :unsure:

As for the initial question:

the Boeing style Combo works with LINDA (see my signature) for the following addons with mostly enhanced functionality (more infos at the displays etc)

PMDG 777, 737NGX: yes, the 747 not

Level D 767, not with LINDA but with VRInsight original software

PMDG MD-11, J41, yes, with LINDA

FSLabs Concorde, partly with LINDA

Aerosoft Airbus extended, yes with LINDA

CS 707, 727, not with LINDA

Majestic Q400, yes with LINDA

Realair Dukes, also yes with LINDA

(note: when I write with LINDA that does not mean there isn't also a Vrinsight software available. I simply do not know what addons they do support. But LINDA does support more I think. See the modules download page in the LINDA forum, there you get an oversight over the supported addons)

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guenseli, you have done a superb job with LINDA and also the support you offer. I'd just like to add that when the MCP does work, it works extremely well with LINDA.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Many thanks!

Don't forget Artem, he has the main part of the LINDA magic!

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

... of course :smile:

Howard

My sympathies to Howard over his bad luck with the MCP. But I don't think it's that typical of their products, only based on their forums, where if there were regular quality issues, there should be a lot of unhappy customers, whereas most of the posts are about technical "how to" questions.

I own a VRi MCP1, a JetPit, CDU2, V737 overhead, U-Propit, and have never had any problems with them. Doesn't prove anything, I know, but I don't think there's an endemic problem with their products, as I'd expect it would show up on the forums pretty quickly.

That said, I was a little nervous about customer support with the product coming from Korea, but so far I've been lucky...

Eugene

I have had an MCP Combo for years.  It's a piece of hardware I have on my list to replace someday but it's the best I have right now.  The issue for me is the knobs.  A small turn...or even a click...sometimes sends the heading bug, course, speed or frequency way off as if I spun it hard...10, 20, 60, 70 degrees.  It takes a lot of concentration on the knob...moving it slowly..and sometimes back and forth until I get the right value.  All of the knobs are this way. 

Now, here's my observations.  I contacted the company to see if there was anything to be done.  They suggested I clean them with WD40.  That didn't help.   The board was, perhaps 6 months old and was a replacement for another board that did the same thing.  Also, I noticed that it doesn't seem to do it so much with the PMDG B737.  So I got to thinking about software.  Every so often I go into a LINDA module for an airplane and do some tweaking to see if I can make it more stable.  Sometimes I turn off the fast-turn option (by changing the LUA...making it the same as the slow turn code), which does seem to help though you have to turn the knob a lot for things like big heading changes.  If I knew more about LUA and LINDA I might be able to fix it...perhaps by saving some global variables for the most recent change to keep it from jumping. 

Ah sigh.  It's a lot better having it than clicking on the screen but I do think about what a pilot would do with a RW airplane that did that.  Without coming up with a fix, I am hoping to replace it at some point.  Bottom line, if I had to recommend it, for the price point, I would.  It's somewhat of a pain but I hate clicking controls with a mouse.  Not a glowing endorsement but that's my love-hate relationship with it.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Don't get me wrong fellas, I have had great success with the unit while working, my only REAL beef has been with the lack of support. It has made it a more bitter pill to swallow when the cost of the unit is taken into consideration.

Howard

Oh, by the way guys, does it stay in place on the desk or does it slide away when you push a button? 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It so heavy that you are likely to break your foot if you dropped it on it, the floor would likely be damaged too, its well built and wont slide ;)

Cheers, Andy.

Last week I received my MCP Combo II and I must say it has been my strongest headache . That most terrible support . :angry:
If I like your hardware . looks very robust, but behaves very slow with my Level D and occasionally when I go or below the level of any of the buttons HDG , ALT or SPD for example, my FPS drop to 5 or 1.
And the support ? Nothing . Think before you buy anything to VRI . The answers are stupid and someone who just wants to throw out the matter quickly .
See for yourself in the post to publish :

http://vrinsight.com/phpBB3_en/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1720&p=7156&hilit=level+d # p7156

Now another user also had my problem before me and will not solve anything :

http://vrinsight.com/phpBB3_en/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1610&p=7166&hilit=pilot44 # p7166

Someone here that I have an MCP Combo II and Level D in FSX and wants to give me a hand would greatly appreciate it .

I will allow time for this week or I will open a dispute with Paypal to return my money and take this little metal wires.

Eduardo Lee

(MROC)