Sign in to follow this  
rcpistonhead

Vertical Stabilizer Configuration Warning?

On the EICAS (upper Display) or STATUS (lower Display) or FMC scratchpad?

I cant find that message anywhere .

And I dont think it exist because the vertical Stabilizer (the part where the rudder is connected to) does not have a configuration., it is just there.

If you are still steering while pressing TOGA you would get the "Config Gear Steering" EICAS.

If your rudder trim is not centered during TO you get "Config Rudder"

If the HORIZONTAL Stabilizer is not in the greenband during TO you get "Config Stabilizer" EICAS.

Can you reproduce it and post a snapshot?

Rob Robson

On the EICAS (upper Display) or STATUS (lower Display) or FMC scratchpad?

I cant find that message anywhere .

And I dont think it exist because the vertical Stabilizer (the part where the rudder is connected to) does not have a configuration., it is just there.

If you are still steering while pressing TOGA you would get the "Config Gear Steering" EICAS.

If your rudder trim is not centered during TO you get "Config Rudder"

If the HORIZONTAL Stabilizer is not in the greenband during TO you get "Config Stabilizer" EICAS.

Can you reproduce it and post a snapshot?

The warning appeared on the EICAS display. I was also confused about the message because I didn't think there was any sort of configuration for the vertical stabilizer other than rudder trim. I know the stab trim was set both times I got this message because I have been religious / anal about following the checklists during all stages of flight.

I will take the 777 out of the hanger (still loving the NGx just a little more) and load the bird at KSAN tonight to see if I can duplicate this, I will get a screen shot if possible.

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

Actually the warning reads "Stabilizer Configuration" on the EICAS display. And I have not yet been able to reproduce it, so far it has just happened that one time...weird! The trim was set properly in the green band.

Jacob Fuqua

Any ideas? Kyle??

haha - nope.  I can't even find a reference to the vertical stabilizer config anywhere.

Like Rob said, a screenshot would be immensely helpful, as would steps to reproduce.  I'd defer to his knowledge, though.

Kyle Rodgers

I also experienced this error. I couldn't find anything wrong so I took off anyway and then it disappeared. I haven't seen it again but I will take a screenshot if it happens.

I can confirm this. It happens not very often. Most between from one to another flight.

I can confirm this. It happens not very often. Most between from one to another flight.

Yep. I believe the time it happened to me I had already returned from a flight and was departing on another without restarting fsx.

I believe the time it happened to me I had already returned from a flight and was departing on another without restarting fsx.

Both times I encountered the warning it was also in between flights without restarting FSX

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

Not to be myself, but to be honest, all of the "me too" is completely worthless without steps to reproduce or screenshots.  If it can't be reproduced, it can't be found; and if it can't be found, it can't be fixed.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

Not to be myself, but to be honest, all of the "me too" is completely worthless without steps to reproduce or screenshots.  If it can't be reproduced, it can't be found; and if it can't be found, it can't be fixed.

If I wasn't at work at the moment, trust me I would be on FSX trying to get a screen shot ;)

I will do my best to get a shot tonight.

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

If I wasn't at work at the moment, trust me I would be on FSX trying to get a screen shot ;)

Understandable.  I was just trying to head off more people just posting "me too!!1!"  It doesn't really do much good at this point.

Kyle Rodgers

For people that do not know their aircraft nomenclature.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I experienced this for the first time today and immediately noticed my pitch trim indication was zero (full nose down).  I moved it back to the takeoff setting (2.25) using my joystick trim button and it started moving back to zero by itself.  Then I noticed the pitch trim lever was stuck forward causing it move.  Using the mouse, I set it back to neutral and reset my pitch trim.

I could reproduce the problem this way.  I used the mouse (which I typically don't do) to initially set the trim.  Upon reaching your desired setting, if you move the mouse away from the trim lever prior to releasing the right or left mouse button, the lever stays in that position (either up or down) continuing to move the trim to maximum deflection.  

Solution: Verify trim indication stopped moving and the trim lever is neutral.  If you are quickly moving through your configuration, you could easily miss this as apparently I did.   :huh:

Chris Lundberg

Sorry, I initially skimmed over this thread and thought the confusion over "vertical stabilizer config" vs "config stabilizer" had been resolved.  Naturally, my post above was assuming (ugh) others had experienced a problem similar to mine which only references the latter. 

Chris Lundberg

No, speaking as a software developer myself, it's largely helpful if you know more than one person is having a problem. If more than one person reports such a problem, we can now be sure that message exists and isn't just the reporting person's imagination. 

A dev can now easily grep for "Vertical Stabilizer Configuration" in their source code and program logic and closely examine the behavior for himself with a debugger, perhaps even in real time.