Sign in to follow this  
BleedAir

How will all our Payware work in 2.0?

it's all DX9 only payware, Devs will have to release patches.  I own the Ifly 737 sp3.2, AXE, Twin Otter, Wilco Airbus Evo, many Airports, etc. 

I hope the transition will go smoothly and not make me pull my hair out, oh wait i'm bald...I have no hair :lol:

There's a very good chance that those that worked in 1.4 will continue to work in 2.0 without a dedicated installer or patch.

Only time will tell.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I know a number of well known devs such as Orbx and Aerosoft are working with LM regarding compatibility before release which hopefully means they will be ready to go with patches shortly before or after the new version hits the shelves. Carenado probably is onboard too. Since you fly the Wilco Airbus Evo I highly recommend you try the Aerosoft Airbus X Extended, the difference in graphics quality is pretty amazing. If I can't use it in P3D V2.0 on release I will be absolutely disgusted.

I know a number of well known devs such as Orbx and Aerosoft are working with LM regarding compatibility before release which hopefully means they will be ready to go with patches

I'd prefer that developers were putting their efforts into developing new models to take full advantage of V2.0's new features rather than developing patches.

I'd prefer that developers were putting their efforts into developing new models to take full advantage of V2.0's new features rather than developing patches.

Well yea that would be great too of course and I'm sure they will be doing that but I at least want to be able to use what we currently have still. Pretty disgusting otherwise.

You still can use what you have in FSX and P3d V1.4.

Are you prepared to pay for the patches, or would that be "disgusting"?

You still can use what you have in FSX and P3d V1.4

There will be some addons, aircraft and scenery, that will require updating to DX11 compatible.

There will be some addons, aircraft and scenery, that will require updating to DX11 compatible.

That is true. But they were not sold to you as being DX11 compatible.

That is true. But they were not sold to you as being DX11 compatible.

No dispute here. Just curious of what the developers will be charging for upgrades. I assume it's not as simple as changing an installer.

No dispute here. Just curious of what the developers will be charging for upgrades. I assume it's not as simple as changing an installer.

Who said they'll be charging? Just wait and see.

And actually, it is that simple in some cases, perhaps even most.

Who said they'll be charging?

Can you reinerate? Simple? Are you a developer? I just read in the V2 developer blog about some or quite a bit of code changing to their addon.

You still can use what you have in FSX and P3d V1.4.

Are you prepared to pay for the patches, or would that be "disgusting"?

If the money was going to you then it certainly would be disgusting! But otherwise it would depend on what they are offering with said patch. It would have to offer reasonable value to justify paying for the upgrade i.e. I'm not going to pay 30 bucks just to see some shadows in the cockpit. FAAAAAART!!!

Makes me wonder what else could be made better in a VC visually of, say, planes like the Airbus X. It already has one of the finest VCs out there. 

Rex wants additional 5$ for P3d licence of Rex Essentials which you originally bought for Fsx. This is a good example and I gladly paid for it. Buying basically same stuff with full price, that I'll never do.

Orbx is clever. They've stated long ago that their whole product line will be P3d v2.0 compatible. So, I had no hesitation to invest in them. Other than this, I've stopped buying new addons for my sim now.

GSX will be a no-charge update for V2, according to the e-mail I received from Umberto.

Aamir Thacker