Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

JS41 PFPX

haha - hurrying!!!  I think I should be able to knock a significant portion out tonight.  We'll see.

As the second-most flown plane in my fleet, I think I'm more anxious than anyone here....

You're welcome guys.  Hoping to have it to you all within the week!

Awesome news. Thanks a lot Kyle, its very much appreciated.  

Awesome news. Thanks a lot Kyle, its very much appreciated.  

You're welcome.  Two more hours to go here at work, and then I'll cut out, head home, and start that data collection.

Kyle Rodgers

You're welcome.  Two more hours to go here at work, and then I'll cut out, head home, and start that data collection.

I don't know what the problem is, lets haul some &@($* ok? I wanted this thing yesterday.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Just finished the HOLD section of the performance numbers.  Now you have good hold numbers from 1500-25000, with weights from 15000-24000.

The climb numbers are going to be a bit more difficult, and involved (different weights, ISAs, and profiles to pick up), one climb per weight/ISA/speed combination.

Cruise should be relatively easy.

Descent should also be relatively easy.

...all of them, however, will be work intensive.

In an effort to get something out there in the mean time, though, I'll do an initial pass at ISA, using the normal climb profile, across the weight range.  That way, you all can "beta" it out while I run the other numbers.

I'll post a dropbox link when I finish that.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Kyle, whats your problem, lets haul some &@($* ok?

Ron Hamilton

Kyle, whats your problem, lets haul some &@($* ok?

haha - I'm having to do this all on pen and paper, and I'm trying to make the data collection a lot more detailed than not for more accuracy.  Absent a data collection program to grab the info for me, it's slow going.

Kyle Rodgers

As Confucius once said, "Man who rushes performance charts runs out of fuel when using them."

"Man with no performance charts never flies."

I'll take slightly inaccurate just so I can feel happy about having something in PFPX - the crazy winds in FSX (even with Opus) tend to ruin fuel planning anyways.

Not that I'm rushing you.

(I am)

-stefan

it's slow going.

Kyle,

Just checking on the status of the PFPX profile for the JS4100.

If you need some help, please let us know. :smile:

Billy Bluestar

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

If you need some help, please let us know.

I could, actually.

If anyone wants to help, I'd greatly appreciate people taking climb runs, cruise runs and descent runs at different weights.

Here's what I need:

Climb:

Climb on 100% condition, 170 knots in the climb (clear weather - use IAS mode and keep your temps on the upper white dot - read the Tutorial if you don't know what dot I'm talking about).  I will also need 98% condition in another run.

I need time, fuel, and distance for the climb.

So, climbing through 1000, note the time it took for you to get to 1000, and how much fuel you burned.  Continue noting these numbers up until you cannot climb anymore (or reaching FL260, whichever is lower).  You can check distance numbers after quitting the flight, and selecting review (or whatever the function is called).  There's a chart at the bottom where you can see distance and altitude to get a decent number of the distance for altitude.

This needs to be done for weights 15, 17, 19, 21, 23 and 24 (x1000); and at ISAs of -10, 0, +5, +10, +15 and +20.

Seeing why this is taking forever?  haha...

Descent

Same data as above.

Use whatever descent technique you normally use.  Just post what you actually used while doing so (like IDLE/190) just so I know.  Descent, to my knowledge, doesn't have any standard numbers to follow - it's just how you work out the descent to meet constraints.

Descent also isn't as detailed, so the same info as the above, minus the different ISAs.

Kyle Rodgers

Hey Kyle, I'd be happy to help. It would give me a good excuse to fly the BAe development livery which I haven't touched. I'll start on the heavier side by doing 24,000. If someone is already doing that weight let me know, I'll do another so there's no doubling up (although it might be good to have multiple sources for each configuration). In addition to ISA, I'll use zero wind. And if anybody knows what airport BAe uses for testing that'd would be great to know.

If my math is correct each weight group would need 2 attempts at 100%/98% condition x 6 different air pressures = 12 flights per weight group, and monitoring descent twice (at 100% and 98% condition). If I'm missing anything or confused please let me know. I'll start doing runs later tonight. (Still screwing with ASN trial though, so it might be a day or two).

From a full-time family man with no time to spare, and therefor little time to contribute with, I send you guys my thanks, kudos and what not for your efforts! It's more appreciated than you can imagine! I'll be mornitoring this thread for sure... Happy New year from Denmark... (Europe-Scandinavia-left of Sweden) ;)

Mas

Happy New year from Denmark...

Godt nytår til dig også!

(Hope that's right - Norsk is what I learned first, so I try and just warp it to Dansk from there...haha)

Kyle Rodgers

Perfect! As you know it's practically the same thing in writing... Didn't know you had visited or lived? in Norway? I guess your forum name is quite a give away though;-) Anyways - thx again for your work on the js4100 profile!

Mas