Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

JS41 PFPX

I can do the IAS to TAS conversion, but I know nothing of PFPX's format so I'd need someone to assist me with that bit. For the record, I'm not a PFPX owner, I'm just trying to help others.

I'm not ungrateful, I appreciate this is being done in free time for no financial reward, and I don't mind being corrected either. But I resent the accusation I'm "so sure there isn't much [work] required" because I was simply paraphrasing what was said in this thread back in September 2014 as regards completed data collection, timescales for release and the formulas you'd already come up with.

If you want to provide the formulas/spreadsheets you've already done (rather than just the source data) then perhaps someone else in the community can finish the package without needing to duplicate work.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Hi Kyle,

The document that was provided to me is still available here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RTHC4l-P1HwTn52JW8iSDN_syDlzU6XjUrymPZlvTIg/edit#gid=0

Thanks so much for sharing this, but now I am in real trouble. On one hand, the JS4100 used to be my favourite plane and I was itching for a PFPX profile since PFPX was released. On the other hand, I recently had a major problem with FSX and decided to move on to P3D, where this plane is not yet available. I am not willing to pay twice for the same plane in FSX and P3D, so I am not too inclined to work on a PFPX profile for a PMDG plane if I may never fly it again.

@Chris: if you decide to work on this, it took me about a week to get it done for the Metroliner, all in all maybe 30 hours of work.

Best,

Peter

I can do the IAS to TAS conversion, but I know nothing of PFPX's format so I'd need someone to assist me with that bit. For the record, I'm not a PFPX owner, I'm just trying to help others.

I'm not ungrateful, I appreciate this is being done in free time for no financial reward, and I don't mind being corrected either. But I resent the accusation I'm "so sure there isn't much [work] required" because I was simply paraphrasing what was said in this thread back in September 2014 as regards completed data collection, timescales for release and the formulas you'd already come up with.

If you want to provide the formulas/spreadsheets you've already done (rather than just the source data) then perhaps someone else in the community can finish the package without needing to duplicate work.

The google doc is hosted by me (as me and John collected all the data), and I've made it free to edit, so if you can do the conversions, you can change the IAS numbers with TAS, or simply put them behind. The current format is FF/IAS, but we could make it FF/IAS/TAS. What ever we can all do to make things easier for Kyle, will bring us the profile faster. Let me know if I need to do something with the spreadsheet! I'll be making a backup on my drive now, in case someone (inluding myself - lol) screws it up.

Be aware that currently only data for 98% condition has been collected, simply because the time consumption is enormous, and neither John nor me could devote any more time to this. The spreadsheet is ready to accept numbers for 100% condition, if anyone want's a go at it. I would suggest to hold off a bit until we know if Kyle will be able to finish this, as I'm sure the workload is high over at PMDG. The conversion of the TAS numbers seems to be a big hurdle on the way to get this done, so that be great if anyone would do it!

Let me know

Mas

Honestly, if someone did the TAS conversion, it would help immensely. Billy sent me an Excel file a while back. I just never got around to using it with the numbers to convert them with everything else going on.

IAS is wholly unnecessary, by the way, unless you want to refer to it in the profile name.

Kyle Rodgers

How do you convert the IAS to TAS?

Is this formula based?  Could an excel spreadsheet handle it?

Franklin Duncan

Franklin Duncan

IAS is wholly unnecessary, by the way, unless you want to refer to it in the profile nam

By all means, anyone who wants to do the conversion can just make the format FF/TAS...

For info I have 100% migrated to p3d, so I won't be able to do any further data collection until the JS41 is out for p3d...

have a great summer all!

Just a heads up as I came across this last week but not seen anyone mention it here yet is that a PFPX performance file for the JS41 has been released and availble from here:

http://airlinerperformance.net/

There is also an updated version of the Q400 performance file available which includes better climb, cruise and descent profiles.

Please note that you will need the latest version 1.22 of PFPX to use these perfomance files.

Cheers,
Serge

Lian Li PC-P60B | Corsair HX620 | GA-Z370XP-SLI | i5 8600K | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX1080 8GB | 48GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB | WD 1TB | Dell U3419W 34" | CH Yoke & Pedals | Track IR4 | Win10 64 | MSFS