Sign in to follow this  
Russian_Ion

PMDG 777 Causes Blank Screen After Load

Every time I start up FSX and select the 777, it loads it into the little window on the bottom to view it from different angles. When I press 'Start Flight', it starts the load bar, but the black screen behind the bar does not appear, and when it finishes loading all it shows is my desktop, just like on the attachment (but I can hear the sound). It either does this or crashes, please help me I really want to fly my new plane but this keeps happening :'( As you can see in the picture, the bar is loading but there is no black screen behind it, it just shows my background. And when it's loaded it keeps showing the background but plays the sound...photo.PNG?w=AADU2j6vdJOm4yvLMh2A3zaqR5FX

I get this  some times but rarely  that fsx loads  and it loads  to the task bar  at  the bottom and  when clicking  on it  doesn't  open it  up.   what works for  me  is  to hit shift and enter  key which brings  it up than I have  to  switch it back to window mode  again

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I'm new here, I've been having similar issues with FSX lately, which even caused me to reload my OS + FSX over twice. No progress made for 2 days of troubleshooting. Some persons recommend using a 32bit uiautomationcore.dll file from vista which fixes some crash issues, didn't fix mine. If you're using a amd based ATI Card your issue is most likely the AMD Catalyst program itself which crashes during FSX run. and causes black screens (i had same issue). I'd recommend using a earlier version of the video drivers (12.1 works for me) or even try the newer versions but don't install the entire catalyst software, on install page choose the custom option and select the driver and the other video transcoders..Do not select the Catalyst Control Center, after installation restart and try again..That fixed all my fsx crashes issues..

Corwayne

ATI user and no crashes due to the Catalyst Control Center.

There is a serious bug in FSX during load whereby if it loses focus after you click FLY NOW, but before it created the 3D window (black screen) then the 3D window fails to get created. It is mostly a problem in MP mode for some reason, but it does it in SP if you click away from FSX in this short period.

If the 3D window appears/paints then you're fine.

Try not to click anything after you click FLY NOW. If something is stealing the focus, you must find the program in question and disable it.

Best regards,

Robin.

Nope, I don't click anything and it still doesn't work. So frustrated at PMDG...

That is a tough one for me cause I am no software expert....but it sounds like a corrupt install to me.

Do you have other addon aircraft?

Do they have the same problem?

Have you made any major changes to FSX like the "aero mod" or "DX10"?

If you think those few ideas are not the cause then here are my usual troubleshoot steps:

1) turn off all software that you run parallel to FSX.

No weather engine, no trackIR, no virus scanner, etc

Test.

2) If you overclock, set your system back to normal.

(I have had FSX crashes with a stress tested overclocked system that went away after setting default clock)

test

3) Delete your current FSX.cfg (back it up if required)

Start FSX.

Then go into settings and put the sliders where you want them (see also PMDG recommendations in the tutorial)

Close FSX.

Open the FSX.cfg file and put only the recommended fixes into it (Highmemfix and widescreen)

You can add 1/2Vsync later if you use that.

test

4)If all that has not helped then you might have installed the 777 incorrectly and a reinstall might be necessary.

When you installed the 777, did you:

a Install as administrator (right mouse click)?

b Install with antivirus software NOT runnning?

c Install with you system at default clock (I never install things while overclocked)?

If you ommited any of these things (a,b,c) then reinstall the 777.

Rob Robson

That is a tough one for me cause I am no software expert....but it sounds like a corrupt install to me.

Do you have other addon aircraft?

Do they have the same problem?

Have you made any major changes to FSX like the "aero mod" or "DX10"?

If you think those few ideas are not the cause then here are my usual troubleshoot steps:

1) turn off all software that you run parallel to FSX.

No weather engine, no trackIR, no virus scanner, etc

Test.

2) If you overclock, set your system back to normal.

(I have had FSX crashes with a stress tested overclocked system that went away after setting default clock)

test

3) Delete your current FSX.cfg (back it up if required)

Start FSX.

Then go into settings and put the sliders where you want them (see also PMDG recommendations in the tutorial)

Close FSX.

Open the FSX.cfg file and put only the recommended fixes into it (Highmemfix and widescreen)

You can add 1/2Vsync later if you use that.

test

4)If all that has not helped then you might have installed the 777 incorrectly and a reinstall might be necessary.

When you installed the 777, did you:

a Install as administrator (right mouse click)?

b Install with antivirus software NOT runnning?

c Install with you system at default clock (I never install things while overclocked)?

If you ommited any of these things (a,b,c) then reinstall the 777.

I would do that, but I just re-installed my Windows 7, so I'm installing PMDG again. The problem is is that it sais it cannot locate the fsx.exe file, can you tell me how to 'Manually navigate the isntaller' to the file? That'd be great...

I FOUND OUT THE PROBLEM! I was running AMD 13.9 drivers, which appear to be incompatible with the 777. I uninstalled them and installed 13.4 drivers and now it works perfectly fine!!!

AMD drivers and software are notoriously prone to these types of errors vs nVidia. My brother has an AMD card and constantly has issues in various games with it, but my NVidia card has been pretty good overall. Glad you found a solution!!