Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DPS223

Flight Sim Yoke

Looking for a little insight.  Using FS4 with usb Flight Sim Yoke with Win7.  Will regularly go out of calibration, though not on every boot of the computer.

Don't calaibrate via FS, use the control panel.  On going to settings for the driver, the centering control bounces all around on its own. 

After doing the calibration process, seems to be set up, but on returning to FS aircraft will drift lelft on take off.  Once in the air, seems to

straighted out for flight, but then falls into drift on landing.  If set calibration to default, will sometimes work, sometimes not.  ??????

Makes me a little crazy.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Your yoke shouldn't need to be calibrated to often so it definitely sounds like the end is near for your current yoke?.......That being said, if after you do calibrate it seems to be fine and you are concerned about it pulling to the left on the take-off roll and then drifting again on final approach......If you are flying a single engine aircraft then pulling left on take-off is exactly what it should be doing and similarly pulling slightly to the right on final is completely normal behaviour, if anything FS under-models this flight behaviour in single engine aircraft.

I just recently replaced my old CH yoke with a Saitek yoke and it wasn't that expensive $150-ish......But I am liking it!

Jim's right of course, pulling left means a sure sign the wiper is disconnecting from the track, the track is nearly worn through. Get new pots from CH website and dig out that soldering iron.

...if you are a smoker, tiny grains of carbon get in and the tracks wear quickly. Sometimes a Pot may have been a bit beaten up from the bottom of the stock bin and the wiper can be a bit weakly sprung, which allows the wiper to disconnect riding over dust and cigarette ash.

The above advice is likely spot on.  

However have you tried disconnecting the USB connection to the yoke and re-connecting again? Sometimes that simple act will be sufficient to provide a 'cure.'

Also under the Realism button in FS9's Settings menu have the P-factor and/or Torque slider settings been altered from your choices?  These selections will definitely change the behavior of the aircraft particularly during take off and approach.