Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PIC007

Saturation point reached?

It just occured to me I havent bought anything new for FSX in months. My system runs smooth as silk, no lockups or crashes, have all the scenery, textures, mesh, landclass, airplanes I could ever need or want.

My day used to start with checking all the forums for the latest and greatest, researching any new addons, deciding what to, and not to buy. Now I just sorta cruise a few forums, and dont even check the 'Whats New" stuff, I think I have reached a platue in addons and anythign new has to be not just good but spectacular.

Heck I have literally 100's of planes and 99% of the time I fly just two! Maybe it's time for a 'cleaning'?

Anyone else feel the same way or is it just me?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yep, similar situation here. I have bought or downloaded soooo many goodies for FS. I love having the choices though...and the not-so-great ones I store in an off-field " hangar" and forget they are there. Periodically I go through my FSX/Airplanes folder and clean it up: it's a lot of work but a good thing to do, I find.

Anyway, I can certainly relate.   

I think it depends on what you are looking for. The more you want to improve your skills in flying one particular aircraft the less you fly other aircrafts, and the more complex is the aircraft you want to master the longer it takes to reach the goal (as, I don't know about you, but my spare time during the day for FSX is very little...and I have to be selective.....unfortunately..).

I personally, as well as you, used to buy every kind of FSX aircraft, then I realised that what I was looking for was essentially a couple of things: master a complex airliner and sometimes fly VFR on a twin piston engine (I am a VFR rated real life pilot). So when I reinstalled everything due to a hardware upgrade, besides all the major scenery enhancements (UTX, GEX, Aerosoft/FSdreamteam/Flightbeam airports, Orbx..etc...etc...) I just installed the NGX and the RealAir Duke, which are imho two masterpieces in their categories. I recently added the PMDG 777, but that 's all.

My Sim is very clean, it runs smoothly, no CTD, no OOM, I have very enjoyable online flights on IVAO with the NGX and every now and then I fly "low and slow" with the Duke.

Couldn't be better than this for me...!

Regards 

I think everyone does get blaise sooner or later. If I flew as much as I tweak, I would be an incredible pilot. From a real world standpoint, I know a number of airline pilots. About two thirds of those pilots say their job is boring. It is all a matter of perspective.

Honestly, I wish I had this problem!

I keep telling myself, "I don't need another plane, I need to become proficient with what I already have".  Unfortunately, a new release or (more frequently) a sale will come along, and I get tempted...

Also, one of my major interests is older military jets.  This ends up being a bad thing for my credit card, since I get in a 'gotta collect them all' mentality.  And other then a select few, most end up being virtual shelf models.  But considering the cost of real shelf models, it's not necessarily such a bad thing I guess!