Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FastCheetah702

FSX CTD MSVCR80.dll whenever I switch to another aircraft

Hi Guys

I am looking for solution for the following CTD. Please help. It only happen whenever I switch to another plane in game. Thanks.

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: MSVCR80.dll, version: 8.0.50727.6195, time stamp: 0x4dcddbf3
Exception code: 0xc000000d
Fault offset: 0x00008aa0
Faulting process id: 0xb70
Faulting application start time: 0x01ced22002c40fb1
Faulting application path: E:\Fsx\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_d09154e044272b9a\MSVCR80.dll
Report Id: a40b1a2c-3e15-11e3-af74-902b34dc3293

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have the same issue sometimes. It seems to occur randomly and so far I've not found a solution (except apparently a full reinstall, which I really can't be bothered to do since P3D v2 is coming in a few months)...

Best of luck! :)

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Crash To Desktop (CTD) Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

When the CTDs happen, do they happen when switching to planes that use the Add-on Manager?

The MSVCR80.dll CTD is caused by a wrong version of some MS 2005 Redistributable. Reinstalling the correct version will not fix the problem. What you gotta do is simply uninstall FSX SP2 from Add/Remove programs, then download and reinstall SP2 and the problem should be fixed. All add-ons will work just fine and you don't need to change a setting.

The MSVCR80.dll CTD is caused by a wrong version of some MS 2005 Redistributable

He has the latest version installed.

Best regards,

Jim

Yeah don't think the CTD is not depending on which aircraft. It just CTD as long as you change aircraft in game.

Microsoft Visual C++ is used by developers to make sure their applications are installed properly.  MSVCR80 is part of the 2005 MSV package.  It works in conjunction with Microsoft.net framework packages which are used by developers to make sure their products run properly as intended.  So, it is very important to know what aircraft you are trying to switch to.  Some are not capable (or not recommended by developers) of switching between aircrafts.  If it is a commercial aircraft you are trying to switch from/to, then you should go to that developer and see if switching is allowed.  Most likely not as problems may or may not occur.

Best regards,

Jim

Hi firehawk144

I apologize for the multi posts. I got the "service not available" a few times and so I click the back button to go back to post again. Sorry about that.

If it is a commercial aircraft you are trying to switch from/to, then you should go to that developer and see if switching is allowed. Most likely not as problems may or may not occur

Thanks firehawk144. problem solved. Cheers.