Sign in to follow this  
Paul12

How to restart engines

I ###### to do some experimenting with the PMDG-737 and my last one is to shut down the engines by moving the engine start levers

to cut the fuel.

After that I intend to start them again but so far I have no success.

I start the APU and have no idea what to do next.The tutorials I read start from cold and dark.

Can anybody explain what to do in a step by step matter ?

Much appreciated

HubertWerni

Herbert Werni

Hello,

1. After starting the APU you should've turned off the Probe Heat switches and landing lights, turned on the taxi lights, set flaps up and set the transponder. After parked at the gate set the parking brakes and make sure you click both APU generator bus switches to transfer power over to the APU.

2. Make sure the air conditioning PACK switches are off.

3. Click Engine 2 start switch to GND position and verify N2 RPM is increasing.

4. When N1 rotation is observed and N2 reaches 25% click engine 2 start lever to idle.

5. At 56% N2 the start switch should move to the OFF position.

6. Monitor the engine parameters as it goes back to idle.

REPEAT 3-6 with ENGINE 1

Hello,

1. After starting the APU you should've turned off the Probe Heat switches and landing lights, turned on the taxi lights, set flaps up and set the transponder. After parked at the gate set the parking brakes and make sure you click both APU generator bus switches to transfer power over to the APU.

2. Make sure the air conditioning PACK switches are off.

3. Click Engine 2 start switch to GND position and verify N2 RPM is increasing.

4. When N1 rotation is observed and N2 reaches 25% click engine 2 start lever to idle.

5. At 56% N2 the start switch should move to the OFF position.

6. Monitor the engine parameters as it goes back to idle.

REPEAT 3-6 with ENGINE 1

Hello,

I cannot find the " air conditioning Pack switches" .Would they have a different name ?

Can you point me to them ?

Thanks again

Hubert Werni

Herbert Werni

Can you point me to them ?

Use the tutorials that come with the aircraft.  They have pictures and everything (and actual good knowledge, unlike all of the "tutorials" on YouTube and elsewhere).  If you can't find the packs, you're severely lacking in the knowledge required to fly the aircraft.  I don't say that to be rude, rather just to point out that this lack of knowledge is indicative of other lack of other knowledge that may be important.  This knowledge is easily found in the tutorials that came with the plane, which means that you haven't done them.

Use tutorial #2 provided with the aircraft and you'll have everything sorted in no time without the frustration of stabbing around in the dark.

Kyle Rodgers

Use the tutorials that come with the aircraft.  They have pictures and everything (and actual good knowledge, unlike all of the "tutorials" on YouTube and elsewhere).  If you can't find the packs, you're severely lacking in the knowledge required to fly the aircraft.  I don't say that to be rude, rather just to point out that this lack of knowledge is indicative of other lack of other knowledge that may be important.  This knowledge is easily found in the tutorials that came with the plane, which means that you haven't done them.

Use tutorial #2 provided with the aircraft and you'll have everything sorted in no time without the frustration of stabbing around in the dark.

I studied the two tutorials several times ( #1 and #2 ) and looked at the pictures.Nowhere did I see a so called "air conditioning pack " as described by

tutorial #2,page 86 ( see attachment ". Today I was told that they are called LPack and RPack !! And my problem was solved.

May be I oversaw this and if so could you send me a picture where it says "air conditioning pack".

Herbert Werni

Check QRH 7.17 (Engine In-Flight Relight) for teh correct procedure.

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

It doesn't say Air Conditioning Pack.  If you look at the foreward overhead panel at the right side about halfway down are a set of switches.  Two of these switches are the PACK switches, left and right.  Those are the switches we are talking about.  I suggest that you read all the manuals supplied with the NGX to understand the different systems and switches.  This is not a Cessna 172 and really requires an undestanding of systems and flight.  Reading through the manuals will also reduce your level of frustration.

Rob

Today I was told that they are called LPack and RPack !! And my problem was solved.

Right.  I saw that.  I was mainly posting to suggest that you really study those tutorials in depth as it seemed you hadn't.  To me, it's pretty obvious that when you read "air conditioning PACK" in the tutorial and see "L PACK" and "R PACK" on the overhead, they're referring to the same thing (note the capitalization to emphasize the tie between the tutorial and how it's written on the panel).  As such, I'd assumed that, if you'd read the tutorials, that would have been known.

Either way, glad the issue was sorted, and glad you read through the tutorials.

Kyle Rodgers