Sign in to follow this  
DAL1850

ATI + Windows 8.1 + SweetFX (1.4/1.5) + DX10Fixer = No Love

I have been trying repeatedly to get SweetFX to work with FSX, but neither v1.4.7 or 1.5.1 is giving me love. The problem *appears* to be that the injection of dxgi.dll is no good. Procmon reports that C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dxgi.dll is the version loaded by FSX. The local copy in the FSX folder (copied from SweetFX) is completely ignored. I tried using the SweetFX integration with Radeon Pro 1.1.1.0, but enabling this option causes a fatal reset in the display driver and subsequent crash of FSX.

Is anybody running this combination successfully, or is this just ATI / Windows 8.1 badness I'm running up against?

Im on Windows 7 with a 7950 using Radeon bro....I gave up on this...I think its something to do with DX10 and ATI cards SPECIFICALLY with FSX and the fix. I started a whole thread here with my main problem http://forum.avsim.net/topic/422802-serious-issue-with-ati-and-steves-dx10-fix-tears-and-spikes-everywhere/

I do remember this exact issue you're having happen to me as well....Im back on DX9 now until I get a 780 because they have just came down in price. Not saying your problem is the ATI card but for some reason based on my troubleshoots and years on FSX ATI just hates FSX in DX10 (in general) especially with the fix....Not to mention try adding SweetFX

I will follow this post and try to solve it as well....

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

I had to roll back my version Catalyst Control Center - revision 13.9 . I was getting severe tearing and then

the black screen of death . I am back to using revision 13. 4 with no issues . I did a fresh install of FSX and

have not yet tried DX10 or Steve's Fix yet .

U will probably get more tearing and spikes....make sure your water is set to low 2x so they dont appear fast.....also in the fix uncheck water shader and uncheck cloud shader if you wanna be doing any flying in DX10 with the fix and an ATI card....users and I say these option/settings get you the most out of DX10 with an ATi card...

If you run it fine with your card with DX10 and the fix please let us know in the thread I pasted before above....would help us troubleshoot after you provide us with you settings/addons and tweaks etc....

good luck!

ELB729.png

also in the fix uncheck water shader and uncheck cloud shader if you wanna be doing any flying in DX10 with the fix and an ATI card....users and I say these option/settings get you the most out of DX10 with an ATi card...

What is the reason for unchecking these? Performance? They're checked for me and I've not noticed any ill side-effects.

Anyway, yeah, it sounds like no SweetFX for me until I drop an nVidia card in this rig. I still have to wonder if Windows 8.1 has a hand in this considering FSX will not load the dxgi.dll from SweetFX and always looks to the copy in SysWOW64 instead.

What is the reason for unchecking these? Performance? They're checked for me and I've not noticed any ill side-effects.

Well performance wise nothing.....

Users and I have noticed we have a lot more time without tearing and spikes when these are unchecked....

ELB729.png

Sweetfx won't work with RadeonPro loaded. I don't know if DX10 is a problem but I know it's a problem with dx9. I just did a clean install of windows 8.1 and when I installed RadeonPro fsx would crash. If I unload it then fsx would run fine. I have the fixer but I haven't tried it yet since I'm still installing stuff but I will try DX10 with Sweetfx and see what happens

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

someone honest SweetFX this version should remove all files that have Sfx and install this I leave, I use it in w7 in dx10 and works much better than the sfx, test costs nothing and can be a solution

https://mega.co.nz/#!x8pTxQTS!JZ5xvhh8AOMTDhyXrR6HS2Iv9xgxhmI6ONpWO7Q7x_Y

I have been trying repeatedly to get SweetFX to work with FSX, but neither v1.4.7 or 1.5.1 is giving me love. The problem *appears* to be that the injection of dxgi.dll is no good. Procmon reports that C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dxgi.dll is the version loaded by FSX. The local copy in the FSX folder (copied from SweetFX) is completely ignored. I tried using the SweetFX integration with Radeon Pro 1.1.1.0, but enabling this option causes a fatal reset in the display driver and subsequent crash of FSX.

Is anybody running this combination successfully, or is this just ATI / Windows 8.1 badness I'm running up against?

All I can confirm is that SweetFX, when injected via RadeonPro, forces SMAA and SMAA and DX10 in FSX are no go. You cannot use RadeonPro's SweetFX injection method with DX10 FSX.

I don't use SweetFX anymore and I stuck with Windows 7 so I cannot be of much help.

Charles.

U will probably get more tearing and spikes....make sure your water is set to low 2x so they dont appear fast.....also in the fix uncheck water shader and uncheck cloud shader if you wanna be doing any flying in DX10 with the fix and an ATI card....users and I say these option/settings get you the most out of DX10 with an ATi card...

If you run it fine with your card with DX10 and the fix please let us know in the thread I pasted before above....would help us troubleshoot after you provide us with you settings/addons and tweaks etc....

good luck!

Just to explain this once more...

#1. The "Tears" people mention are in DX10 because vSync is not working. You need RadeonPro to force vsync in FSX DX10 same as nVidia users have to use nVidia inspector! Same rules apply to both brands.

#2. As for the spikes in DX10 FSX, you cannot use Water past 2xLow. Medium and High will result in graphical spikes and texture corruption. You can still get spikes if you have settings too high and fly in really dense scenery for long periods especially with 8xAA in the DX10 fixer. You can mitigate the spikes by locking DX10 FSX internally to 30 fps in FSX menu and turn off the locked frames in RadeonPro. 

#3. You cannot use RadeonPro method to inject SweetFX with DX10 FSX as it will black screen because it enables SMAA by default which does not work with FSX DX10.

#4. Drivers. You cannot use drivers 13.9, 13.10 and 13.11 with DX9 version of FSX as there is a problem with a file called atiumdag.dll in the C:\Windows\syswow64 folder. If you want to go past version 13.4 with DX9 mode, you will FATAL ERROR in FSX (usually when changing planes or exiting) so you have to steal the atiumdag.dll file from version 13.5 and place it in the root of FSX folder. Then FSX will work in DX9 mode with newer than 13.4. ATI has had this reported and hopefully they fix it in thee next driver release.

If you run ONLY FSX mainly, you dont need to update. 13.4 is VERY new still and stable as heck and it works fine in both DX9 and DX10 FSX.

Charles.

All I can confirm is that SweetFX, when injected via RadeonPro, forces SMAA and SMAA and DX10 in FSX are no go. You cannot use RadeonPro's SweetFX injection method with DX10 FSX.

I don't use SweetFX anymore and I stuck with Windows 7 so I cannot be of much help.

Charles.

SweetFX is NO INJECTOR. It's a shader library and it makes use of injectors to inject these in games.

Currently available injectors that do work with SweetFX are:

SweetFX is NO INJECTOR. It's a shader library and it makes use of injectors to inject these in games.

Currently available injectors that do work with SweetFX are:

Well that IS good news that you can use RadeonPro. I  liked in DX9 that I could keep SweetFX out of the FSX folder yet still call on it with a hot key from RadeonPro. 

I will go back and try this again as I was unable to figure out how to kill SMAA in RadeonPro SFX DX10 FSX.

Thanks for the link!

Charles. 

Well that IS good news that you can use RadeonPro. I  liked in DX9 that I could keep SweetFX out of the FSX folder yet still call on it with a hot key from RadeonPro. 

I will go back and try this again as I was unable to figure out how to kill SMAA in RadeonPro SFX DX10 FSX.

Thanks for the link!

Charles. 

fue un placer