Sign in to follow this  
buspelle

JF DC-8 strange fps...

Just bought the DC-8 from JF. The plane is realy good in most aspects, the VC is not PMDG, but its a DC-8!... the strange thing is that i get nice and steady fps when on ground, but once I get up in the air, around 1500-2000 feet I get a sudden framedrop, from steady 29.8fps down to 12.3 - 14.6fps and a huge stutter... so strange. Has any of You noticed this? and is there a solution? I have tried setting with nvidia inspector, and in FSX cfg, and nvidia controlpalnel... nothing seems to help, Have been struggling with this for the last 2 hours...

I have an ACER 8 GB DDR3 Win7 64bit i5 with Nvidia GTX550Ti.

Best regards

Per

Nope, cannot see any significant change. I just tried a short hop from KLAS to Nellis AFB suing the FSDT KLAS airport riding on top of Megascenery Las Vegas, plus REX Essential weather and UT2 and the frame rate (limited set at 30 fps) stayed was 26 during takeoff on runway 7L. Lowest I saw on the way to Nellis at 2000 above ground was a momentary 19 fps while some textures loaded. After that it went back to 26-30 fps.

Hmmm. strange... maybe Your system is better then mine then?

Or could it be something with the installerpackage...

I also have REX Ess.OD and FTX Global and UTX Europe, this is realy strange... perfect fps on ground but sudden fpsdrop and stutters once airborne...

Entering a weather system?  Maybe a Wx program downloading new conditions in the background; or for that matter any programs running in the background?

RE Thomason Jr.

My FPS are weird aswell I have 30 FPS but it stutters really bad. I know that smoke has always caused issues for me in FSX I might disable it and see what happens. This bird is a looker forsure!!

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I have no other program loading/running in the background, no WX weather running either... And I have also disabled the smoke etc. still stutters, and dropping fps, though a little bit better,

but still not what i am use to, or what I might suspect it would be in such plane with steamgauges etc, I also notice that the ext. texture loads a bit slow, could it be the fact that this bird has

a cabin, You can see seats etc trough the windows...

Hope that there will be a fix for this, with the stutters and slow textureloading time.

Beyond that, its an amazing old lady!

Per

Yes! Me too, I'm having weird fps drop when I bank the plane on the air or when I'm taxing and turning the plane. Definitely a bug, let's hope JF investigate this anomaly and may issue a patch very soon.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Alexander Colka

I have it too....... it's a killer.

After some initial enthusiasm, I uninstalled this bird last night, as the FPS fluctuations make the experience stuttery.  I am locked at 30 FPS and generally seeing 29.9 FPS, but with drops to 12 FPS every few seconds.

This is with all the smoke effects turned off.

I also notice that the ext. texture loads a bit slow, could it be the fact that this bird has

a cabin, You can see seats etc trough the windows...

I remember reading somewhere that they used high res texture sheets even where it's not necessary (such as the engine nacelles) leading to long loading times.

As much as I like the DC-8, I've sat this one out so far due to the issues reported on these forums. It's too bad because we could use more (quality) classic jets IMO.