Sign in to follow this  
Speedbird_2652

double license activation

Hi,

I'm thinking about purchasing this awesome plane, too. I would just like to know how many times one license can be activated?

I basically live in two towns atm, and I would like to fly this one both in my hometown and my current city on my notebook. And taking my fixed computer with me every time is not an option ;)

The license can be activated on a maximum number of two machines. I've activated mine on my home desktop and on my travel MacBook, both successfully. However, when registering it on my third older backup laptop, the 777's activation tool gave me an error message indicating that the license is only valid for activation on two machines.

I may remember this incorrectly, and someone will surely correct me if I make a mistake here, but:

As long as you're using both machines yourself, you are allowed to install the 777 on two computers.

EDIT: Empennage was faster than me.

(Not to be a backseat moderator here, but please follow the rules, and sign your full real name in the PMDG subsection.)

The 777 allows you to return your license if you switch computers or whatever. Theoretically there is no limit if you do this.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Ryan; which is better uninstall the 777 from add-remove programs or from inside the FMC?

With the FMC method, i have error messages.

Best.

Miquel Egea.

I installed the 777 on 3 pc. the acctivation it is unrolling on 2 pc but the 3rd I got an error message.

While admin PMDG said: The 777 Allows you to return your license if you switch computers or whatever. Theoretically there is no limit if you do this. questions that I need to do to install it on the 3rd

I don't have multiple machines with FSX installed.

But from what I understand you can install and have activated on 2 machines maximum at the same time.

If you want a third install, you would need to deactivate (via the FMC) one of the installs before installing the 3rd computer.

You would need to only keep 2 active at any given time, otherwise the "third" one will not work.

When you deactivate (via FMC) one of the installations (on one computer) it would then stop working correctly till activation was restored (By deactivating one of the others).

1: Installed & Activated

2: Installed & Activated

3: Can't activate until 1 or 2 is deactivated.

can be changed to:

1: Installed & Deactivated via FMS (Cannot fly, but still installed)

2: Installed & Activated

3: Can activate.

if i just uninstall the 777, and format my pc, will it count as a 3rd pc? i already have it on my laptop?

Yes, dont do that! First deactivate via the FMC, then uninstall if you want.

(no reason to uninstall unless you want it gone permanently)

If you dont deactivate via FMC, and format your PC, then you loose one key.

I speak from experience, made the same mistake, and had to contact PMDG for help!

Rob Robson