Sign in to follow this  
dillonshortman

Why does this plane climb at full power even when i have it set so low on feet per minute?

Hey Guys

i just purchased this plane and i would like to ask this question. iv passed fl130 and when im climbing the engines are screaming to get to its cruising altitude even when i have it set to 1200 fpm....its so unrealistic because on the real 737 u barely hear the engines when theie climbing..like the engines are in the red on power and in the real 737 they climb at like 89 on power... when i cruise it much quieter. and no i dont have a headwind. can anyone tell me why the engines scream when climbing. like  fulllllll power 

So what is your problem: engines are set to full power or sound is too loud?

Check introduction.pdf page 78 for sound settings, and fly the tutorial (usually vertical speed is not used for climb).

So what is your problem: engines are set to full power or sound is too loud?

Check introduction.pdf page 78 for sound settings, and fly the tutorial (usually vertical speed is not used for climb).

my question is why do the engines climb at full power..the sound isnt too high. even in peple videos their engines climb  at high ppower even at a low fpm. idk why lol when you get avove 25 thousand your engine tends to increase it power

N1 will be at whatever you've defined CLB to be during a, well, CLimB. Have you done even the tutorial?

.its so unrealistic because on the real 737 u barely hear the engines when theie climbing
You can hear the engines on climb, no problem.

like the engines are in the red on power

Like the N1 is in the red? Do you have the autothrottle on?

in the real 737 they climb at like 89 on power
We usually climb at the climb N1 limit. Get rid of V/S and use VNAV or LVL CHG.

Matt Cee

You can hear the engines on climb, no problem.

Like the N1 is in the red? Do you have the autothrottle on?

Aite thanks alot. Was just wondering. It's nice to hear from a real pilot.

Thanks

Dillon

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I use V/S only for two reasons:

1) Climb (A/T=N1): to keep a ROC of at least 1000 ft/min during VNAV or LVLCHG performance deficits. (E.g. shifting winds or too "steep" LNAV turns)

2) Descend (A/T=SPEED): for LOC VOR/DME approaches (in IMC using A/P) until reaching the MAP (altitude set on the MCP).

(sorry for all the abbreviations, but it's part of the "business"...)

The red N1 indication on "dillonshortman's" flight could have been e.g. caused by the following (odd) combinations: A/T=speed (which speed was set?), V/S climb (really 1200 ft/min only?), EEC off or u/s, high OAT, over max GW, gear down, spoilers deployed? ...

It is always a good idea to use "speed on pitch" (SOP) instead of "speed on thrust" (SOT) modes, as this reduces the risk of becoming a victim of A/C's performance deficits. Failure to do so is in the end a "pilot's performance deficit"...  

Always happy landings,

Claus

In FSX, Too high TAT/OAT usually the culprit

You are absolutely right, Rendi.

There is or was that temperature switch phenomenon, which could cause sudden (insane) jumps from -56 °C (at FL360) to temperatures high in the positive numbers, just as measured on the ground at the current position. (I think the latter was the mistake in the weather engine, where inconsistent WX data (temperature grid) led to those faulty "carried overs".)

But that is finally fixed since more than a year and should be a thing of the past.

In addition: As in the "dillonshortman" case, a temperature switch of that kind at FL130 would theoretically only result in a difference of 26°C...

But all in all: the temperature switch could really be the culprit...

i just purchased this plane and i would like to ask this question. iv passed fl130 and when im climbing the engines are screaming to get to its cruising altitude even when i have it set to 1200 fpm....its so unrealistic because on the real 737 u barely hear the engines when theie climbing..like the engines are in the red on power and in the real 737 they climb at like 89 on power... when i cruise it much quieter. and no i dont have a headwind. can anyone tell me why the engines scream when climbing. like  fulllllll power 

Sounds like you're trying to treat this plane like one of the default aircraft.  A lot of the newer guys to the plane end up doing that just because they don't know any better.  Unlike what most of us did with the default aircraft - setting A/T to 250 knots and letting it adjust the throttle accordingly, coupled with a V/S climb - the proper method (as Matt mentioned) is to use FLCH or VNAV.  These modes put the throttles on the limiter (which is not 89% as you mentioned - it's variable based on atmospheric conditions), and then adjust the pitch angle to maintain the appropriate speed.

Try the two tutorial flights to see how the plane is properly flown and managed.  I promise you that you'll learn a lot from them.  I did, and I've been using Flight Sim since FS5.

Kyle Rodgers

Hey Guys

The engines are at "like  fulllllll power" because that is where the pilot put them.  

The AP (autopilot) on the 737 has three different modes, or ways of controlling what the aircraft does. They are pitch, roll and throttle. Roll is the easiest to understand, the AP rolls the aircraft left or right to change its direction. This mode is used when in heading, localiser, approach and LNAV modes. 

Pitch is when the aircraft pitches the nose up or down to achieve a result. When auto throttle is not in use, this mode is how V/S or IAS is maintained.

A/T or auto-throttle is how the aircraft controls the engines. This can be based on engine speed (N1) or airspeed (IAS), where manually where the pilot puts the throttles.

Those modes can be combined, which is what happens in the normal VNAV/LNAV mode. If you are not in VNAV/LNAV mode, but still have some AP in action, then you as the pilot need to know what the computer is controlling and you still need to look after.   

As others have suggested, fly the tutorials a few times. They will teach you a lot about how the plane operates. If you find that you don't know why the tutorial is telling you to do something, ask us and we will try to help.

The engines are at "like fulllllll power" because that is where the pilot put them.

The AP (autopilot) on the 737 has three different modes, or ways of controlling what the aircraft does. They are pitch, roll and throttle. Roll is the easiest to understand, the AP rolls the aircraft left or right to change its direction. This mode is used when in heading, localiser, approach and LNAV modes.

Pitch is when the aircraft pitches the nose up or down to achieve a result. When auto throttle is not in use, this mode is how V/S or IAS is maintained.

A/T or auto-throttle is how the aircraft controls the engines. This can be based on engine speed (N1) or airspeed (IAS), where manually where the pilot puts the throttles.

Those modes can be combined, which is what happens in the normal VNAV/LNAV mode. If you are not in VNAV/LNAV mode, but still have some AP in action, then you as the pilot need to know what the computer is controlling and you still need to look after.

As others have suggested, fly the tutorials a few times. They will teach you a lot about how the plane operates. If you find that you don't know why the tutorial is telling you to do something, ask us and we will try to help.

okay thanks alot guys!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Thanks alot everyone who commented! Really appreciate it.

Jip as mentioned by a few here, the TAT is your main culprit especially if you fly online with FSINN and use VATSIM weather, i had the same issue, climbed out of Gatwick, engines screaming and my TOC is after my TOD for Schiphol.

Get yourself a good weather program, I use AS2012, works like a charm, but here are others, so read up and compare and make your own decision up to then dont click on VATSIM Weather when online flying.