Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

With every flight, Xplane 10.25(x) truly is the 'ticket'....wow....

How is the ATC for IFR? Are all the frequencies true to real world for North America so I can use my real EFB data? Are all the ground based Navigational Aids (VORS' and NDB's) correct and all present and accounted for? The ILS's and Localizers? Are all the airports up to date?

If I needed to get the ground as detailed as FTX Global with OpenLC and Vector or UTX USA for the roads and water bodies for VFR waypoints, are they there already? Or can I get them?

Let me know.

Charles.

If I needed to get the ground as detailed as FTX Global with OpenLC and Vector or UTX USA for the roads and water bodies for VFR waypoints, are they there already? Or can I get them?

A lot is already there ... though, based on older (2 years old) data. But an update to very high detail and current data is on the - free! - way (expected in a few weeks):

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/412244-x-plane-10-hd-mesh-v2-preview/

Or you find latest infos / preview screenshots on my website too:

http://www.alpilotx.net/

How is the ATC for IFR? Are all the frequencies true to real world for North America so I can use my real EFB data? Are all the ground based Navigational Aids (VORS' and NDB's) correct and all present and accounted for? The ILS's and Localizers? Are all the airports up to date?

Forget about ATC, its bad bad. But xsquawkbox 64 bit is in beta.

So far I have had no issues with the Nav data, however it can update it free. Google search nav data update xplane 10. So far all the real work VOR's and ILS freqs have been spot on. I use a real world nav planner for my flights with no issues. http://www.navplan.com/

The only thing X-Plane's VOR, VOR/DME do not model yet is a realistic variation of signal capture depending on altitude.

MSFS has long been doing it, but it isn't perfect as well, and above all, doesn't simulate the "line of sight" reach of those navaids. In either simulator you can have a huge mountain between you and the VOR, and you'll still be able to get it :-/, the only difference being that in FSX, ELITE you only get it at a distance above a certain altitude, and in X-Plane if you're withing the reach of the VOR / DME, you'll get it from the ground up to the higher altitude at which you can still be in range.

Up to version 7 ELITE had the same limitation, and being an IFR training simulator, it looks like it isn't that important after all. They corrected it, and a few other things starting v7.

Austin is aware of this, but it's really not a top issue, and there are certainly much more important features waiting to find their slot ...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

If you download and install...when taking off from CYYB, make sure you fly over Trout Lake, which is directly below the airport mountaintop.  That is where you will find that fabulous Water Airdrome and marina.

Here's the link at the .org:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12706

You can also do a .org search in the Scenery Downloads for: Ontario as your search. It will bring up a lot of great stuff for Xplane.

To have the whole area....look up all the 1Q's and download and install the whole set. You will then have weeks of Ontario to explore!  Also make sure you download and install the 1Q completion set. All can be found at the .org    Very important that you also have SimHeaven's North America OSM!  It will make your mid Ontario flights over the forests, just awesome.

Those of you who wish to have additional scenery experiences, including accurate, developed VFR routes, will want to grab LENEO1  as it is the scenery that surrounds CYYB, including a well-developed and moderately used float base at the edge of the city on Trout Lake! 

Here is the link for the Trout Lake airdrome and marina, with other goodies. This is the actual scenery that surrounds CYYB  (North Bay)

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=13155

Any chance for some screenies of what you are talking about :-)

Any chance for some screenies of what you are talking about :-)

Not from me....but...it takes only a few moments to download the two scenery files I have highlighted, and then it is there for your enjoyment!!!

You need CYYB for the airport, and then the LENE01 for all the great scenery of the city of North Bay, and surrounding features, like the Trout Lake Marina and seaplane base.  Worth the few minutes to download, let me assure ya....

Not from me.

How come?  Seems a little odd to tell everyone how great something is and then not want to post a screenshot or video?

How come?  Seems a little odd to tell everyone how great something is and then not want to post a screenshot or video?

+ 3 1/2

Bought it more than 1 yr ago, loved it, then hated it, uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled...- REINSTALLED!!!

I think you may have left out a couple extra uninstalled it, re-installed it…  :)

I think you may have left out a couple extra uninstalled it, re-installed it…  :)

Yep, those are subsumed by the  "  ...  " :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

Yep, those are subsumed by the 

Hmmm ... XP10 has no uninstaller, you just delete directory ... which I like BTW, I wish all Windows based products installs were this easy to remove/uninstall. 

I had a few run in's and pic deletions at AVSIM.  I was also threatened with a banning action over them. Restricted rez pics do NOT convey to the viewer, what you are so excited about.  So...why bother?    It doesn't take much to load  up whatever is being typed about, and if the user's interest is truly there...if it is, they will find out for themselves, with no limited rez pics as the deciding factor for action, or inaction.  If the interest is not enough to perk their curiosity into that download and installation........they simply won't, and matter ended. They move onto the next forum topic.....

Cheers!

Mitch

SimHeaven's  latest updated Europe OSM+Autogen, also running UrbanMaxx 3D on a dawn flight towards London, England.

WOW.....wow.....and oh wow....

Just took off out of Berlin....latest nVidia driver suite, Xplane at Very high rez...30 FPS and smooooooooooooth as silk, with real weather downloaded.

FSX is again on the back-burner for now....  :)))))))

I had a few run in's and pic deletions at AVSIM.  I was also threatened with a banning action over them. Restricted rez pics do NOT convey to the viewer, what you are so excited about.  So...why bother?    It doesn't take much to load  up whatever is being typed about, and if the user's interest is truly there...if it is, they will find out for themselves, with no limited rez pics as the deciding factor for action, or inaction.  If the interest is not enough to perk their curiosity into that download and installation........they simply won't, and matter ended. They move onto the next forum topic.....

Cheers!

Mitch

+2 ; you are so right.

So the nay says can hijack this trend with X vrs. F.