Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

Coolsky DC9 UHDT Cockpit

Quick question....are these that much better than the basic VC textures? Worth the purchase?

I find the basic VC pretty good but if the UHDT cockpit is that much better then I'm interested.

Thoughts on the freighter package with the blue UHDT cockpit?

This is a very nice aircraft.

Thanks for any replies.

Dave

Yes. If you are willing to purchase the textures, then by means do it. It's a great looking bunch of textures, miles better than the ones included (which are also good).

I have the updated textures and freighter expansion. I'm very happy with them and I too love this DC-9. I'd say you should have no worries about purchasing.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I might get the cargo version, the dc-9 is one of my favorite addons.

No DC-9s had a beige/brown cockpit right? I'm under the impression they were all blue?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Personally I bought the UHDT VC but I don't use it now.   I'm a little disillusioned with the race to make everything ultra HD;  with the resultant lower performance, VAS usage and potential OOMs.    To be honest, when I went back to the standard VC in the DC-9 I hardly noticed any difference in visuals, and got about 5 FPS back, and a smoother experience.

Yeah that's why I haven't gotten them

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

How do you go back and forth between the uhdt and the basic?

I bought the freighter pac with the single uhdt blue cockpit and to be honest can't see anything different between the two cockpits.

I have checked the FAQ at the Mcphat site and from there followed instructions to install the "texture" into one regular livery but once again can't see any difference.

Dave

Ah, very nice to hear that original textures are acceptable too. I have found it difficult to accept to buy an addon with blurry textures and then pay almost twice to get quality textures. The concept has been very strange. But if the included textures are indeed good enough I have to reconsider the purchase question as this is very interesting aircraft type.

How do you go back and forth between the uhdt and the basic?

I bought the freighter pac with the single uhdt blue cockpit and to be honest can't see anything different between the two cockpits.

I have checked the FAQ at the Mcphat site and from there followed instructions to install the "texture" into one regular livery but once again can't see any difference.

Dave

You simply change over the "Textures.cfg" file in each variant's Texture.name folder.

The UHDT VC has a different one, to the SD paints, so keep both and swap 'em over at your pleasure. :smile:

If you have overwritten all of your standard texture.cfg files (easily done!) let me know and I can send / link you the cfg for the standard cockpit or the HD one  (they're only 3 line cfg files, so could even post them here). :wink:

Ah, very nice to hear that original textures are acceptable too. I have found it difficult to accept to buy an addon with blurry textures and then pay almost twice to get quality textures. The concept has been very strange. But if the included textures are indeed good enough I have to reconsider the purchase question as this is very interesting aircraft type.

Actually for me, both the standard and the UHDT VCs both contained some very blurry text; mainly on the overhead.  Other people have reported this too.   I am all set up properly, with the right settings in the fsx.cfg etc so not sure what causes it.

Hi Q_flyer,

I just loaded a freighter and sure enough, my error, the flight instruments are much clearer but as you mentioned some of the text is blurry. The only uhdt cockpit I have came with the freighter package but I'm happy with the blue.I've got pretty much all the the display settings turned up and performance wise I just upgraded some hardware(I7-4770k, 780gtx - early Christmas present to myself) so performance is fine. I would like to be able to put this uhdt cockpit in the freeware liveries I've downloaded from the flight 1 site but have yet to figure out how to do this. I do really like this aircraft. If you'd pm me the files I would be most grateful (and instructions) I'll pm you an email. Many thanks.

Dave

Hi Q_flyer,

I just loaded a freighter and sure enough, my error, the flight instruments are much clearer but as you mentioned some of the text is blurry. The only uhdt cockpit I have came with the freighter package but I'm happy with the blue.I've got pretty much all the the display settings turned up and performance wise I just upgraded some hardware(I7-4770k, 780gtx - early Christmas present to myself) so performance is fine. I would like to be able to put this uhdt cockpit in the freeware liveries I've downloaded from the flight 1 site but have yet to figure out how to do this. I do really like this aircraft. If you'd pm me the files I would be most grateful (and instructions) I'll pm you an email. Many thanks.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Here you go;-

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/110364712/DC9_texture_files.zip

This Zip contains two folders; both contain a file called Texture.cfg    One folder (they are clearly marked) contains the Standard version and the other folder contains the UHDT VC version.

To have the standard VC with a DC-9 repaint, simply put the relevent  Texture.cfg  from the two folders, into the texture folder, for that repaint.

Eg.

Texture.Alitalia

Texture.Ansett

Texture.Eastern

Texture.Scandinavian

etc

........and to have the UHDT VC, simply swap over the  texture.cfg  file and use the other one.

Cheers 

Here is my dirty little secret: With DTXBMP and PSP I've made a black & white version of the blue cockpit, so I have a grey cockpit option for free (but not HD of course, and certainly not perfect). But it's nice to have the choice! Can't share of course...

pkt4.jpg

And since on my laptop the FPS are quite bad (as bad as the CS777), I reverted to the old low poly VC from an early beta version "DC9-30_VC_Low.MDL" (unfortunatly it's the version with the ugly artifacts, hopefully 80% of the time I have no artifacts). I've asked Epsen to include a low poly VC option in the last version of his DC9, but it didn't materialize... What a pity... I guess not enough customers asked for a VC with less clickspots and less gimmicks... But I have perfect FPS now, as good as with the default CRJ-700!

i7vv.jpg

Of course the blue/full version is much nicer, but 8 - 14 FPS is a show stopper for me...

wkr1.jpg

That looks REALLY nice! ...... I guess that could be shared with people who have a licence for the product...?  

I much prefer the grey over the garish other colours.

Well I doubt very much Coolsky and McPhat will approve, even if I ask them nicely... But I gave you the receipe already!

I wonder if the FPS with the Freighter version are better, same or worse than with the PAX vesion? Maybe Coolsky managed to tweak a little bit the VC while working on the Freighter? Is it the same looking VC?