Sign in to follow this  
rsperge

Taxi2gate says on facebook KMCO/Orlando imminent

I had the same thing happen to me a year ago. I actually had my debit card info stolen and and someone in Germany went on a $700 shopping spree. All after a purchase from a popular sim retailer there. Anyway, I make all purchases now through paypal and it's worked out very well. You may want to try that route.

FSDT airports are all in that range, same with Flightbeam.. Flytampa. I would say $32 is appropriate. 

But unfortunately I will never be able to buy this one because my credit card company has blocked all purchases from Germany due to "Fraud".

KMCO is very well done. FPS hang in there right at 30. Only issue is that AI aircraft disappear after landing so I'd guess there is a problem with parking or the AFCAD. I think they are aware of the issue. They're usually pretty good about issuing fixes.

Does the MCO cover a large area like the MMMX or does it it only cover the airport?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Does the MCO cover a large area like the MMMX or does it it only cover the airport?

Mostly the airport area. With Orlando having so many other attractions it could have a separate scenery on it's own. It reminds me a lot of Flightbeams KIAD in coverage.

Does anyone else have some texture flashing on the airport highway bridge and flashing terminal shadows?

Aside from the above and some blinking trees and some yellow lines, this package is outstanding.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Yep, this is a nice little surprise, very well done indeed by the developer, akind thanks.  Only issue that I have is once you land on the runway, you get flashes, never had this before, and I have airports from fs dreamteam fly/tampa, so forth, maybe patch comes out.

Otherwise its a nice bunny.....

KMCO is very well done. FPS hang in there right at 30. Only issue is that AI aircraft disappear after landing so I'd guess there is a problem with parking or the AFCAD. I think they are aware of the issue. They're usually pretty good about issuing fixes.

There definitely appears to be a problem with the AFCAD as I notice that the Virgin Atlantic and British Airways widebodies are all parked on the FedEx cargo ramp on the southwest side of the airport. They never park there as they turn around their flights within a couple of hours and remain parked at their stands on the same satellite that Delta uses.

However, this is a relatively small quibble about an otherwise excellent product and hopefully Taxi2Gate will come up with an AFCAD fix in due course.

Bill

Every single taxi2gate scenery that I own has the same invisible object crash problem. They haven't issued any fixes. I like their sceneries visually and recently fps wise also, but to put them up in the same league as flyTampa, etc is dead wrong. I fly with crash detection off anyway so it doesn't bother me if there's invisible objects but this dev needs to fix the issues, expecially if it's payware.

Reik Namreg

Anyone finding this scenery heavy on memory usage? I am.

Eric 

Does it have a bunch of 32bit textures? MMMX does and I had to convert them myself to DXT5.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Does it have a bunch of 32bit textures? MMMX does and I had to convert them myself to DXT5.

You the man Jim. Forgot about converting the textures. I have done that with all my ImagineSim scenery and really helps with performance. Will need to spend a couple hours next Monday and do both MMMX and KMCO.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Eric 

No. All DTX5 mipped dds files.

No. All DTX5 mipped dds files.

Really? No 32bit in the Scenery folder?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Eric 

Really. I was surprised myself.

Really? No 32bit in the Scenery folder?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Just picked this one up today and just gave it a run. Flew from FT's KTPA to FSDT KFLL, then KFLL to KMCO in the NGX and I must say, this KMCO is REALLY well done. Got a steady 30ish FPS the whole way in and taxing around the airport. Been using the Cloud9 version since '08 and this one blows it away.

I landed on 17L just so that I could have a chance for a good long taxi over to the AA ramp and was really impressed with the quality. The only problem I did have though was the the taxiway bridges were above the ground so I had to basically taxi through them rather than over them. Aside from that, well done.

I just checked for any 32bit textures and didn't find any, they are all DXT, however a good portion of them are 2048x2048, so if you have that size set in your TML (tml=2048 or higher), then it will take some memory. I have my TML set to 1024 and only had around 2.7 vas usage testing with the NGX and UT2 set to 70% airline and 0% GA and 100% for my WOAI cargo.

Only issue is that AI aircraft disappear after landing so I'd guess there is a problem with parking or the AFCAD.

I noticed that as well, however it only happened to one of my AI planes. I had landed on 17L and got off the runway and watched a JetBlue land next and disappeared before turning off the runway, but then a Southwest 737 landed next and taxied off the runway to the gate no problem. So I am guessing that either the JetBlue plane disappeared due to the JBU gates being full and had no place to park? Usually though, even if a planes gate assignment is full, the plane will just park at another unassigned gate, so in this case I dont know what up with that.

I need to investigate the taxiway bridge issue though since thats not correct. I have my mesh set to 5m, so maybe its either too high or too low depending on how the scenery was designed.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator