Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

Forever Stuck in KABQ

Weeks of flying crash free and now I am back on the Merry Go-Round again... ARGH.

SCENARIO:   FSX continues to crash while at KABQ - Albuquerque New Mexico and the crash is in the same place every time.    After the FO gets back from the walk around and he starts to adjust the altitude settings on the upper panel, WHAM, "The exception unknown software exception (0x0000000d) occurred in the application at location 0x71298aa0"    Every time, like clock work.   I have tried 3 times now and it's catching fire every time.

RUNNING ADD-ONS:   The following add-ons are working along side FS2Crew and ALWAYS do on my flights;     FSPAX, GSX, VoxATC, Shade, MegaSceneryEarth v2.0, REX-E, AivlaSoft EFB, Updated AFCADS for Default Airports (KABQ being one of them)

If I don't use FS2Crew and just manually do my flight and take-off I don't crash to desktop.    So, I am 99.9% sure that whatever scripting is going on behind the scenes in FS2Crew, it does not like something at this airport.   Any thoughts?   What more information can I give to help answer this issue?

I have not tried to disable the AFCADS for KABQ yet and see if it bombs out again.  That is my next test.    I have landed and taken off at other modified airports without problem but KABQ doesn't want me to leave!  I am in an episode of The Twilight Zone!  @_@

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Crash associated with FS2Crew are almost non-existent as you can see in the forums.

Most crashes are scenery related based on my years of experience doing this.

Try turning your LOD down a bit.

I lowered the LOD setting and did a reboot to start fresh today and it crashed at the same point during the pre-flight prep.  :(    What the hell is wrong with this simulator?  I have been flying it for days without a hitch and now it just won't let me go any further.   I have not changed anything on my system to warrant a sudden catastrophic failure of the sim.    I did get a pinpoint on the error this time.   That dang NTDLL.DLL file caused it this time.    I thought I defeated that damn crash problem months ago and now it is back.   Why does FSX have to be so damn fickle?  Hours upon hours of flying fun, no crashes, and now wham.  New Mexico is cursed!

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Yeah, there are 40 fixes for NTDLL problems.   And some of the reason for them happening don't match my scenario.   I have loaded any drivers recently or any other software.   The only thing I did differently was I turned off MegaSceneryEarth states I didn't need for this flight and turned on the states for New Mexico and Arizona since my flight is KABQ to KPHX.    I am going to try one more flight today, this time with all the ORBX stuff shutdown as well.. nothing loaded by MSE2.0 stuff and see if I crash again.

100454.png

Brian Navy