Sign in to follow this  
kevinoffsite

LM Should up the Minimum Hardware Requirements

So I went into this upgrade thinking I was good, I'm not. I'm running a GTX460 Video Card, 6 core Phenom AMD processor and 16 gigs of ram. However I can't get close to the Display Settings I acheieved on FSX, Although some load has been shifted to the GPU I am still gettting a maxxed out CPU. The DUKE b60 was horribly choppy, however the defualt AC on start up ran fair. I am currently redesigning my system until then its FSX.

So I went into this upgrade thinking I was good, I'm not. I'm running a GTX460 Video Card, 6 core Phenom AMD processor and 16 gigs of ram. However I can't get close to the Display Settings I acheieved on FSX, Although some load has been shifted to the GPU I am still gettting a maxxed out CPU. The DUKE b60 was horribly choppy, however the defualt AC on start up ran fair. I am currently redesigning my system until then its FSX.

What is your Cpu clocked at and can you overclock? Also look into a 4Gb card as I had to upgrade my 660ti as p3d ate through my 2Gb of vram. Also have you set an affinity mask yet? P3d wont take full advantage of 6-8 core clue I use 224 so p3d runs on 6 of my 8 cores leaving two for the os

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

What is your Cpu clocked at and can you overclock? Also look into a 4Gb card as I had to upgrade my 660ti as p3d ate through my 2Gb of vram. Also have you set an affinity mask yet? P3d wont take full advantage of 6-8 core clue I use 224 so p3d runs on 6 of my 8 cores leaving two for the os

With regards to the Affinity Mask tweak, is there a place where one can find how to do it? I can see everyone speaking about it but not telling how to do it. That would be really appreciated (links or explnations)

Cheers!

Frederick

Affinity Mask tweaks are not nessasary in P3D v2..  Default Core 0 is left alone for the OS and the rest for Prepar3D.. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

..I noticed that min requirements for the display are 1024x700, I'm wondering if all the lower resolutions screens are obsolete (I have 2 10" that are 800x600 for my instruments, and I know that some GPS with 7" or 5" with even a lower resolutions ?????

Happy Tnxgiving !

Yair

'Minimum requirements' usually is a list of things you have to have at LEAST in order to simply RUN the game. And that's it! The minimum requirements never ever is a list which shows you the hardware on which you can actually use the software in a normal and satisfying way. For that you need the recommended requirements! So the minimum requirements list is fine: you were able to run the sim, right? You can't expect more from hardware on a minimum requirements list.

Affinity Mask tweaks are not nessasary in P3D v2.. Default Core 0 is left alone for the OS and the rest for Prepar3D..

On a four core that's true put p3d doesn't understand how to use more than 4 cores his is a six core and mine is an 8 when I set my affinity mask I picked up 10 fps

With regards to the Affinity Mask tweak, is there a place where one can find how to do it? I can see everyone speaking about it but not telling how to do it. That would be really appreciated (links or explnations)

Cheers!

As for affinity mask all you need to do is add this to your p3d.cfg/fsx.cfg

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=(whatever number you need) mine is set at 224 for my 8 core and people with 4 cores run 14

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Affinity Mask tweaks are not nessasary in P3D v2.. Default Core 0 is left alone for the OS and the rest for Prepar3D..

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=(whatever number you need) mine is set at 224 for my 8 core and people with 4 cores run 14

So what is it? More debate. I know from my experience. Affinity mask in the cfg changed nothing! IMO dont touch that cfg file. It's either going to work or not using the in game settings.

So what is it? More debate. I know from my experience. Affinity mask in the cfg changed nothing! IMO dont touch that cfg file. It's either going to work or not using the in game settings.

Your right it wont help you as you have a 4 core Cpu but for people like me with more than 4 cores it does help. LM said this in their q&a with avsim.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Your right it wont help you as you have a 4 core Cpu but for people like me with more than 4 cores it does help. LM said this in their q&a with avsim.

Ok ill give you the 8 core thing. I do know 4 core there is no need for tweaking jobscheduler.

Cheers!

Please see my post in this AVSIM forum. Hope it helps.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/427551-affinitymask-needed-to-get-all-cores-working/

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

On a four core that's true put p3d doesn't understand how to use more than 4 cores his is a six core and mine is an 8 when I set my affinity mask I picked up 10 fps

Ahh gotcha.. I didn't pick on the 6 and 8 core CPU's you guys have.. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

When a software company starts developing software, it is being done with goals that were set at the beginning, and during the development process. One of these goals is obviously hardware types and configurations. The initial release of the software to the market will always reveal points that were missed during development, mistakes that were made (we are not perfect!), and hardware configurations never taken into account. Then, based on the practical feedback from the end users, problems are investigated and rectified, thereafter to be released as a patch or update, and so this process continues until all problems have been "washed" out of the system.

Therefore, I suspect that P3D will eventually run far more effective on lesser hardware as this process is refined. Then we must not forget that neither NVidia nor AMD officially support P3D in their graphics driver profiles yet. Driver optimizations will come within the next few driver updates (they always release a list of officially supported titles with every new driver release).

I would thus be cautious to measure P3D's performance on hardware at present, given that further engine optimizations still need to be implemented in order to reach the eventual goal of the stated minimum and recommended hardware specs. Guys, look at Boeing with their 787. Everything was great during planning and initial testing, but when the plane was released to market, it was all over the news channels with one problem after the other, which eventually were sorted out. Things even Boeing engineers never foresaw.

Let's give the guys at LM a break. They're humans as we are, trying to sort out some of the surprises that came to the fore after the first release of P3D. I bet you we may eventually be surprised how well P3D will run on lesser hardware.

[JOBSCHEDULER]

Hey great info, can you tell me the setting for 6 core or how to determine that? I know you said you are 224. Thanks