Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

darrenkarp

Taskbar still visible in full screen. Never had this before

Hi All,

For whatever reason when flying on a multiplayer server (any server) when I go full screen the taskbar is still visible. In free flight I get proper full screen. This has only happened today.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Daz

Ha! Me too, last night. I've been doing a lot of painting and very little flying over the last several days and FSX has always been in windowed mode. Not only the task bar showed but my second monitor stayed...er, separate. I eventually restarted FSX and normality returned. I can only think FSX forgot how to full screen. Not a fix I know but that's all I got. :smile:  

DX10 right?

Alt key is for FSXs menu. We're talking Windows task bar, the one at the bottom. It's just one of those computery glitches. :unknw:

Select  Auto hide the taskbar by right clicking start menu. Then selecting the taskbar tab.

Select  Auto hide the taskbar by right clicking start menu. Then selecting the taskbar tab.

That's fine if you're in windowed mode. We're talking about the task bar remaining visible when in full screen mode.

Yeah it's a windows bug. It loses focus. Then click on the "show hidden icons" arrow bottom right corner.

Then click anywhere back in main screen. It should go back down.

I'll remember that when/if it comes back. I don't know how daz is getting on, but like I said early on, I've had it happen once.

Not just on servers BTW also on free flight. Sometimes, if I restart the whole PC I can get into proper full screen with ALT-Enter but mostly when I try I get an enlarged view on my center monitor (I've 3 monitors connected to a TH2GO unit) spreading over to the right monitor.

This is so weird. I've also tried rolling back to an older Nvidia driver.