Sign in to follow this  
ppo

Activation woes

1. Bought P3dv2 last week. Installed it. Tried it. Initial impressions were very good.

2. I upgraded CPU and MB afterwards, reinstalled.

3. Needed a new activation. Asked for it by email. Received the OK for a new activation.

4. However, P3dv2 fails to re-activate everytime I tried (must have been a dozen times since sunday).

5. I get error 13 in a red pop-up. Activation failed. Could not communicate with the server.(my web access is ok and the P3dv2 is allowed to go through the firewall)

6. Posted this in LM forum, no answer yet, not even a suggestion. And I am not the only one. (so that feels good!)

7. Uninstalled, reinstalled: no joy.

8. I forgot, tried the e-mail activation also 2 days ago: no return email from LM yet.

Anyone here have a suggestion? (besides asking for a refund...)

Pierre

(upgrade was from a 2600k to 4770k and from P8z68vpro to z87deluxe)

Pierre

Oh dear. It doesn't help now, but before changing hardware we MUST "uninstall" P3D beforehand. This will automatically "unregister" our license on L-M's server, allowing us to reinstall on a new or changed hardware machine.

I can guarantee you though that L-M will get back to you as soon as they catch up on the long weekend's backlog.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

"we must uninstall..." yeees. Missed that.

Patiently waiting for LM feedback.

Tks

73/ve2dgz

Pierre

Does this mean that i have to uninstall the whole sim just because i am planing to change my GPU or only if i change more essential things like Mainboard ?

Feedback wednesday am.

LM support gave me the codes for e-mail activation and everything is working smoothly.

Pierre

Pierre

Does this mean that i have to uninstall the whole sim just because i am planing to change my GPU or only if i change more essential things like Mainboard ?

The activation is probably tied to the motherboard.  LM has said to clear your shaders cache when changing your graphics card, which would be moot if you had to reinstall for changing the card.

What "RoboRay" said... Any major hardware change such as motherboard, or complete computer replacement is the key here.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

For me it was not running it as ADMIN. I restarted the APP normally and it worked.  Hope this helps someone else that may encounter this error. 

AMD Threadripper 1950x 16 core, 32GB of RAM, SSD, Liquid Cooled.